Thread: Replacing My Amp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Replacing My Amp

Looking for some input (see what I did there?)

Selling off my Spider III amp, trying to decide which direction to go. USB interface and either Bias FX desktop or free plugins, or iRig with with Bias FX for iOS. Not doing anything professional, just looking for some decent amp sims and basic recording/playback

Post Thanks / Like

See my previous post on your other thread. Both the Blackstar ID and Boss Katana amps have USB connectivity and access to their own special effects. Both are highly regarded.

3. Likes dougpg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What music style(s)? What features would you need/like? What's your budget?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    What music style(s)? What features would you need/like? What's your budget?
    Look at the guitars he's rocking, pretty easy to figure out what type of music he listens to.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    Look at the guitars he's rocking, pretty easy to figure out what type of music he listens to.
    LOL fact.

I decided to ditch the amp entirely. Using Bias on my phone and running it through my home stereo. Or headphones if it's late

7. Likes stingx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    True enough, but there are a lot of different hard rock/metal genres, each requiring a different amount/style of distortion. I really like my Jet City for 80s metal styles, but it wouldn't work for someone who is interested in a super scooped sound. Can't really dial out the mids. The other questions still stand.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

For metal - digital stuff should work fine.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.