Thread: Videos of my Band

Post Thanks / Like

Default Videos of my Band

I'm not sure that I share with you these two nice videos shoot by the BAX a video platform dedicated to the promotion of regional artists

First clip is "Got a Girl" one of my original composition played in what I called "Mississippi tuning". The second clip is a cover of Lucky Peterson called "Good Thing". I play my two telecasters my NAsh TL-72 Custom Thinline in open tuning for the first one and my original Thinline Custom Telecaster. Don't forget to select HD and Enjoy !

Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that sounds killer! Great tone, great playing and video looks great! What amp and pedals where you using?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Wow that sounds killer! Great tone, great playing and video looks great! What amp and pedals where you using?
    Thanks a lot Robert i greatly appreciate your comments ! As for the amp it is a Fender Tweed Vibrolux (a 5F11 build) clone assembled by a friend of mine in Limoges (France). As for the effect a little slapback with a TC electronic Flashback Delay stompbox, a clone of TS808 (done by the same builder than my amp) and that's all
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:

4. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I'm blown away, Jipes! Playing and tone are both very tasty. The recording quality is off the charts.

Makes me wish I was a better guitarist. As it is, about the only thing we have in common is that our beards are graying in a similar way
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a 10 watt amp is it? Sounds sweet.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Wow! I'm blown away, Jipes! Playing and tone are both very tasty. The recording quality is off the charts.

Makes me wish I was a better guitarist. As it is, about the only thing we have in common is that our beards are graying in a similar way
    Thanks a lot Marnold I'm just a persistent player I guess years have done their job training my ears. As for recording the video was captured live in one take but we recorded everything with separate tracks. As for the bear you damn right it's almost like a white father Christmas now
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    That's a 10 watt amp is it? Sounds sweet.
    Yes it is but it can be quite loud I never had to use my Deluxe Reverb since I have this little gem
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Jipes! What everyone said above +1! Nice to see you all in action having listened to your CD.

BTW: Q: how can you tell a French blues band?

A: The bass player wears a beret...
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Awesome Jipes! What everyone said above +1! Nice to see you all in action having listened to your CD.

BTW: Q: how can you tell a French blues band?

Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Very good stuff! Exceptional quality.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Is it the kind you find in a second hand store?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Is it the kind you find in a second hand store?
    Hmmm... wrong color...
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75 View Post
    Very good stuff! Exceptional quality.
    Thanks a lot Jimi it was fun to record
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Quality playing and fantastic looking videos, Jipes. Very impressive to say the least. I really enjoyed watching these. Love your rig! To be honest, just listening to this with eyes closed reminds me of tuning in and listening to Austin City Limits. If you have more of these I'd love to watch 'em.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    Quality playing and fantastic looking videos, Jipes. Very impressive to say the least. I really enjoyed watching these. Love your rig! To be honest, just listening to this with eyes closed reminds me of tuning in and listening to Austin City Limits. If you have more of these I'd love to watch 'em.
    Thanks a lot stingx for your nice comments ! As for the videos they have been recorded by my friend Xavier mainly with Nikon cameras. he did many great videos on his video blog http:www.lebax.fr

If you want to see more of my band just stroll my Youtube channel I have plenty videos there
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0F...5rx6EPo2ZR8egA
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Jipes...........very tasteful playing. You sound great. What exactly is Mississippi tuning, low to high?

Nothing quite beats a low wattage tube amp because you can get those tubes to "really cook".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    Jipes...........very tasteful playing. You sound great. What exactly is Mississippi tuning, low to high?

Nothing quite beats a low wattage tube amp because you can get those tubes to "really cook".
    Thanks a lot I appreciate ! Hé hé no one was asking the question about the tuning I was surprised So from Low to High DADADD and it's variation in G DGDGDD the fun effect is due to the double DD on the high end and best effect obtained if you're not perfectly tune (chorus effect).

As for my amp I usually use it around 4,5 to 5 and that really start to crunch if you attack the strings hard
    Guitars:

Amps:

19. Likes Robert**** liked this post