Thread: My Hendrix Covers - have a listen, please...

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Hendrix Covers - have a listen, please...

It was the 2nd rehearsal with my new Hendrix cover band...
    Have a quick listen and please bear in mind, this was recorded live...so yes, sometimes I've just lost the lyrics...singing and playing Jimi is quite demanding!

https://soundcloud.com/user-575605079/tracks

Jimi75
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

2. Likes Tig*** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Jimi it sounds fabulous you're getting mighty close to the original sounds and your band is tight. Are you doing a Tribute Band ? In particular I love the quiet moments when you're using all the Hendrix small licks which sounds so great.

as for your singing I found it very good and groovy I'm sure you'll get more relax and could even do it better as time goes. I realize when I sing Crosstown Traffic now after few concerts it's gettin' easier specially with the flow that this type of Up tempo songs need
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes View Post
    Dear Jimi it sounds fabulous you're getting mighty close to the original sounds and your band is tight. Are you doing a Tribute Band ? In particular I love the quiet moments when you're using all the Hendrix small licks which sounds so great.

as for your singing I found it very good and groovy I'm sure you'll get more relax and could even do it better as time goes. I realize when I sing Crosstown Traffic now after few concerts it's gettin' easier specially with the flow that this type of Up tempo songs need
    Thanks so much for your kind words! It is so much fun to play Jimi's songs, not only do the feel very natural to us, but it's also great being freed from the creative pressure of composing and arranging.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Beautiful!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Jimi - awesome! It must be very satisfying to have the chops (and the fellow bandmates) to play this music so well -
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Wow, Jimi - awesome! It must be very satisfying to have the chops (and the fellow bandmates) to play this music so well -
    Thanks a lot! It is indeed a pleasure to share the Jimi passion with my fellow bandmates. I think the chemistry is perfect and we've been talking about that project for so long, now the time seems right.

Hopefully, we will gig with this band from early 2018 on.

Still looking for a good band name that relates to Jimi...

Ideas are welcome :-)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

This is great Jimi! Sounds really great! What's your gear on these tracks?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    This is great Jimi! Sounds really great! What's your gear on these tracks?
    Thanks Robert :-)

The gear used is:
    Jimmie Vaughan Strat
    Two Rock 35 amp
    Fulltone Clyde Wah and DejaVibe
    Vemuran Jan Ray
    Custom made Fuzz/Octaver

Post Thanks / Like

Nice stuff Jimi............great playing.

I've heard nothing but fabulous reviews of the Vemuran Jan Ray.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    Nice stuff Jimi............great playing.

I've heard nothing but fabulous reviews of the Vemuran Jan Ray.
    Thanks! The Vemuram works perfectly with Fender/Dumble style amps and almost perfect with all other amps.
    It's by far the best pedal I've ever played and I'd say it easily became the key to my sound. I've had several great pedals of which I thought they were amp like...the Vemuram is another breed - it is breathtakingly awesome with a that real amp sound and that special touch to the notes. I've played it one to one against a Timmy (there was a copy discussion) and the difference was huge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75 View Post
    Still looking for a good band name that relates to Jimi...

Ideas are welcome :-)
    How about:
    If Sechs Was Neun (with the built in double-entendre of how "Sechs" sounds in English)
    Kiss This Guy (based on a popular mishearing of the lyrics)
    Watchtower Society
    Dolly and the Daggers

BTW, I enjoyed the tracks too
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    How about:
    If Sechs Was Neun (with the built in double-entendre of how "Sechs" sounds in English)
    Kiss This Guy (based on a popular mishearing of the lyrics)
    Watchtower Society
    Dolly and the Daggers

BTW, I enjoyed the tracks too
    Thanks! The name ideas are pretty cool, the first one could actually work pretty well over here in good old Germany 👍

Post Thanks / Like

I gave them all a spin, following you now too, and my only complaint is there isn't any more Hendrix tracks to listen to! I liked a few more than others but all sounded pretty damn good - please set your output a bit higher on your final recording output, I had to crank the speakers a lot to hear Little Wing, for example. Hella good stuff, Jimi75!
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete