Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NAD - Boss Katana 100

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from another convert. Thing is amazing, especially for the price. I am finding the best tones with the channel volume dimed and using the master for output. I think the effects are fine but was missing some favourite tones .... Barbershop OD and diamond compressor specifically. So pedalboard is back. And this amp does cut. Small rooms .05 setting is fine. 50 for bigger rooms. 100 not called for yet. Still would not trade my main tube amp, but for club work this amp's convenience and close-to-the-mark tone is fab.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

2. Likes stingx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've added a couple of useful mods to my 100 watt combo:

- incorporated a speaker out
    - semi enclosed the back of the cab very similar to the Marshall DSL40C.

I have covered and stored my three other amps up in the attic as I just haven't touched them since buying the Katana.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

So much tone hidden inside this amp. This guy sells presets but I prefer to tweak my own settings. Still, this is an amazing showcase of tone for the amp...

Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12