Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Haken tonight in S.L.C

Thread: Haken tonight in S.L.C

Post Thanks / Like

Default Haken tonight in S.L.C

Oh boy, oh boy! I've had these tickets for months ever since they went on sale. The Urban Lounge is a small venue 300-350. Talked to the drummer and singer and apparently they didn't sell out. Lots of clueless people I guess. Just go to YouTube and watch something of theirs. Master musicians for sure. They just did the Shattered Fortress tour with Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater, Winery Dogs) as his backing band. They have more dates with Mike coming up in South America.
    Tonight's gonna be a good good night.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Oh boy, oh boy! I've had these tickets for months ever since they went on sale. The Urban Lounge is a small venue 300-350. Talked to the drummer and singer and apparently they didn't sell out. Lots of clueless people I guess. Just go to YouTube and watch something of theirs. Master musicians for sure. They just did the Shattered Fortress tour with Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater, Winery Dogs) as his backing band. They have more dates with Mike coming up in South America.
    Tonight's gonna be a good good night.
    Drummer and singer. Oh, the drummer is a symphonic tuba player back in England and regularly gigs with symphonies. Go figure. Both very nice guys too.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Haken is such a cool band. I was very delighted to have found something in the progressive sector that touched me almost as positively as Dream Theater.

The Shattered Fortress stuff they did with Mike though couldn't come close to the original, in my personal opinion.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

So Spud........how were they? Did they live up to your expectations?

BTW.....how the heck are you dude? Long time, no talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    So Spud........how were they? Did they live up to your expectations?

How were they? Words cannot convey how moving, and dynamic the music was and the performance was perfect, except for the stage lighting failing during the second song (posted below). I pulled out my phone and turned on the flashlight and lit the band. I was right against the stage as you can see in my photos. Shortly after I did that several other people in the audience did the same and the band continued without missing a lick. Eventually the stage lighting came back on. Due to my good deed I was gifted a pair of signature lighted green glasses by the band as a reward I guess.

In short - Best musical experience of my life.

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

The young girl below knew all the words to every single song. Amazing! Cool glasses eh?

IMG_20170916_231300759.jpgIMG_20170916_231541812.jpgIMG_20170916_231532379.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

ATTENTION - if you click on the gray square it will take you to the photo...for now until I get this thing figured out.

Charles Griffiths - one solid bad *** guitar player.

Post Thanks / Like

These two guys, along with Ray the drummer, started the band and are the three remaining original members.

Richard Henshall (guitar, keys, past band : To-Mera), Ross Jennings (vocals)

Diego Tejeida (keys - Joined in 2008) and Connor Green (bass - joined 2013)

Ya, I was that close all night. 2 solid hours of WOW!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    Doing well. Life is good. Got back into bicycle racing and had a very successful first season with several wins and two 2nds. Second in my category in the Wyoming Hill Climb Championships and second at the East Idaho Senior Games criterium. Sadly I'm only playing at home...for now. Eventually I'll get back to gigging.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that life is good and that you are still biking.

11. Likes Spudman*** liked this post