Thread: Humbucker Wiring Chart

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humbucker Wiring Chart

I found this on Seymour Duncan's site. It's a chart for wiring of the most common HUMBUCKING pickups. It tells what each color wire is and how to wire for full humbucking. Kind of useful.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...lor_codes.html

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool for every thing else just take them apart and see where there attached

Post Thanks / Like

Spud - you've no doubt checked on that PG wiring. Their pickup wire color designations are different than some others brands. Maybe your Pearly Gates was wired mild instead of hot.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Great, just what I needed! I have an SX guitar with 2 humbuckers that I haven't put together yet. This will be a good help - I've never wired humbuckers before.

Thanks Spudleg!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Thanks Spudleg!
    Arrgh matey. You're very welcome.

And Tone - the PG is a neck version in the neck position so it is less raucous than the bridge version.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I've got a Pearly Gates neck pickup and it's ok, but I'm thinking it might be wired wrong because it doesn't really do much for me. It' Alnico II
    So something was misinterpreted......
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I found this on Seymour Duncan's site. It's a chart for wiring of the most common HUMBUCKING pickups. It tells what each color wire is and how to wire for full humbucking. Kind of useful.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...lor_codes.html
    You know, Ive been trying to navigate SD's site and find other diagrams(schematics), but I cant seem to find an index or anything...could you give me a link?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    You know, Ive been trying to navigate SD's site and find other diagrams(schematics), but I cant seem to find an index or anything...could you give me a link?
    If you look up the specs on each of Duncan's pickups there is a link to a PDF file that is a wiring diagram for each model off their table.

Post Thanks / Like

.....And Tone - the PG is a neck version in the neck position so it is less raucous than the bridge version.
    With Duncan's pickups that are 4 conductor...you can still lower the output even more on a neck pickup (or even the bridge pup as well) by wiring the 'bucker parallel. Wiring it this way will still cancel hum but it will have less output. Maybe your PG is wired this way?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    If you look up the specs on each of Duncan's pickups there is a link to a PDF file that is a wiring diagram for each model off their table.
    Nevermind, I think I found it.
    http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/schematics.shtml

[edit]But for the life of me I cant figure out why they are recommending 250k pots on a HSS in thier schematics [/edit]
    Last edited by ShortBuSX; January 12th, 2007 at 10:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Could somebody explain to me what an "auto split" is?
    http://www.seymourduncan.com/support..._2t_5w_as.html

And once again...why 250k pots with a humbucker???

Post Thanks / Like

Default auto-split

in the #2 position the humbucker would be tapped to a single coil....
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....