Thread: Looks like I have to replace my looper. Which one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Looks like I have to replace my looper. Which one?

My RC20XL died, and I need a new one. I honestly didn't use my RC20 that much in the last few years, and used it mostly to record or import backing tracks to play over. But am starting to play more and would like to change that. Would like to get a little better at looping, but still would like to be able to record and/or import backing tracks for learning songs. Hoping to keep it under a couple hundred bucks, . I do have a simple little looper in the M9. And that can work for simple jam tracks on the fly, but I don't think you can save loops or tracks.

I am used to the Boss, and was considering the RC-3 or 30, but frankly not sure what the big advantage for me would be of the 30, other than not having to buy a separate foot switch to avoid having to double tap as a method of control. Thoughts?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

never mind. I jut found a replacement RC20XL for cheap-ish.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I missed this. I use the Line 6 POD HD500X for looping. The Line 6 JM-4 is a very convenient unit as well.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I found the simpler the looper the more I use them so the ditto or the RC1 would be my favorites. I find the boss pedal action a little more accurate for making sure you stop the loop with perfect timing.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar