Thread: Foxey Lady & Hey Joe Solo Lesson

Post Thanks / Like

Default Foxey Lady & Hey Joe Solo Lesson

Well, I wanted to finish 2017 with something passionate...
    The fast/slow approach is a new element in my videos...we will see what people say.

Check the videos out, hope you enjoy them :-)

https://youtu.be/9tZz7R-KaIU

https://youtu.be/HTDCv2y13NE
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

2. Likes Tig*** liked this post
    Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds awesome! New strat?

Happy new year!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    That sounds awesome! New strat?

Happy new year!
    Thanks. It’s my trusty 1976 Strat I’ve bought back in 2011.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Miking your Two Rock with some pedal?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Miking your Two Rock with some pedal?
    Actually it’s a cheap microphone which hangs over/in front of the amp, going into an Apogee One and then into Logic. Nothing spectacular. The mic is called „Superlux“ a copy of some famous Sennheiser mic.

7. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I meant using your Two Rock with some gain pedal or just amp gain? I know it's not possible to mic an amp with a pedal.

Post Thanks / Like

I meant using your Two Rock with some gain pedal or just amp gain? I know it's not possible to mic an amp with a pedal.
    Ahhh! It‘s the Wampler Velvet Fuzz.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for these, Jimi - I hope that I find time to play around with them! Nicely done and thanks for the slowed-down versions!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

^Thanks :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great Jimi!!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

The combination of that strat with your Two Rock is killer, Jimi! Both clips sound fantastic!
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Jimi - by the way, did you get some magic elixir for Christmas? You look like you are about 25 in the recent videos!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot! The combination also feels great when playing.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I wish I’d received some kind of elixir - in my case a good razor shave did the job ;-)