Thread: Mini Workshop - All 4 Solos of All along the Watchtower

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mini Workshop - All 4 Solos of All along the Watchtower

Hi folks,

Sorry for bombarding you with videos over the past couple of weeks, but I have a run - so to say...New surroundings and a regained joy in filming and playing.

Okay, here's what I have to offer ;-)
    I have recorded all 4 solos of one of my favourite Jimi songs. Most people totally underestimate this song, but the solos are a very challenging. I think Jimi's phrasing in AATW is even more brilliant than on most of his other recordings. I mean this guy was always not of this earth, but the Watchtower solos are the creme of the crop!

I've decided to stay with my newly discovered fast & slow method, plus a close up in the slow version. I know, no tabs, no talking, but I think it works anyways, as the videos are made for intermediate players and not for total beginners.

I hope you enjoy the stuff.
    May I ask you a favour? I would highly appreciate if you guys could share my videos, leave a comment on youtube, subscribe my channel, share them on FB, etc. THANKS my friends!

Solo 1:
    https://youtu.be/n-ihu6U7L4k

Solo2:
    https://youtu.be/QwV0REfrf54

Solo 3:
    https://youtu.be/B2sKImiqlV8

Solo 4:
    https://youtu.be/GXwxk6Pfx6I
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Robert!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to check them out, especially since that's my favorite Hendrix tune.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

These are great breakdowns, Jimi - thanks!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    These are great breakdowns, Jimi - thanks!
    You are welcome! I’m happy that you like the videos:-)