Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
The NEW Reverends are out!!

Thread: The NEW Reverends are out!!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation The NEW Reverends are out!!

Reverend has just introduced their new spring line of guitars ...

The big change is that now there are 25 1/2" bolt-on guitars as well as 24 3/4" set-neck guitars. I have mixed feelings about several of their new models that I think are too derivative of current guitars (especially the Roundhouse HB-FM), but overall I am highly impressed with what I see.

I am however a little bummed because I was really hoping they would introduce a 3 P-90 Warhawk with a little different specs than what they are offering. I don't like the location of the 5-way pickup selector, the angled headstock, and the glossy painted neck (I prefer satin necks). I do however love the finish of the Warhawk II 390 tobacco burst -- I really liked the burst on the original Warhawk too.

I think the new Daredevil HB is hot!! (still wish it had a satin neck)

I was never too interested in the Club King semi-hollow guitars, but the new Manta Ray HB is right up my alley. Grr, painted neck ... guess I might need to learn to like glossy painted necks.

Fortunately though, Joe Naylor has blessed us with a smokin' hot Jetstream HB Hard Tail and I am now totally gassed up for this guitar!!!

There are tons of new models in addition to the ones I mentioned ... Volcano, Buckshot, Gil Parris Signature, 10th Anniversary Jetstream HB ... nice stuff!!
    Reverend Guitars -> Bolt-on & Set-neck

Reverend is the shiznit!!
    Last edited by NPauly; January 12th, 2007 at 12:08 AM. Reason: tyops toyps tyosp
    My Gear ...
    Roland Micro Cube, Traynor YCV20WR
    Ovation Cedar Balladeer, "Super-cute" Fender Strat, Squier M-80

Post Thanks / Like

This one looks like a really interesting guitar, 3x P90´s must be sweet.
    http://www.reverendguitars.com/rever...tream_390.html
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Set neck series:

Bolt-on series:

Cruel punishment. :|:

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

I still GAS for the huge Club King RT in metallic alpine (green), though...

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NPauly
    Reverend has just introduced their new spring line of guitars ...
    Thanks NPauly!

I was never too interested in the Club King semi-hollow guitars, but the new Manta Ray HB is right up my alley. Grr, painted neck ... guess I might need to learn to like glossy painted necks.

Reverend is the shiznit!!
    What don't you like about the Club King?

The Manta Ray 290 looks sweet t'me!

Quote Originally Posted by kerc
    I still GAS for the huge Club King RT in metallic alpine (green), though...

That's the one with the Reverend Filtertrons is it not? What are the tonal qualities of a filtertron p'up?
    Last edited by tot_Ou_tard; January 12th, 2007 at 07:28 AM.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, will this GAS never end! I must find something to sell.
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Epi Dot Deluxe, Squier '51, G&L S-500
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that is really cool to see! Still wish they had a single coil guitar though, like the Spy they had in the past.

Great job by Reverend, I think all the models look really cool. The Flying-V rocks!

I want a Warhawk with 3 P-90s!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Thanks NPauly!

I also am attracted to both those HB semi hollows for getting a different sound than my strat. What are the practical differences between the two? For instance, what change is effected by set neck vs. bolt on. I much prefer to hold the guitars I might buy (not for some time, but could go on the list), but no Reverend dealers even remotely close to around here.

EDIT: It would be nice to compare the new PRS Semi hollow on the same shopping day.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Reverend Rox!!

Thanks NPauly!
    My pleasure ...

The Manta Ray 290 looks sweet t'me!
    I always slightly found the Club Kings to be too plain. Keep in mind that my preferences in guitars run more towards Strats, PRS double-cuts, and Reverend Jetstreams/Warhawks. I'm not really a Tele kind of guy and to me the Chargers and Club Kings are reminiscent of the Tele design. And while I do like the look of a standard Les Paul I typically prefer the double-cut Les Pauls.

That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Wow, that is really cool to see! Still wish they had a single coil guitar though, like the Spy they had in the past.
    I totally agree. Maybe if we voice out interest enough on here and on the Reverend Discussion Page good ol' Joe Naylor will hear our plea and introduce something with a SSS pickup configuration this summer. It does look like he is at least experimenting with single coil pickups again ... both the Buckshot and Gil Parris Signature have single coil pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I want a Warhawk with 3 P-90s!
    Me too, but I'm still unsure about the new location of the 5-way pickup selector. I really really really wish they would have just changed the Warkhawk by switching to 24 3/4" scale and made it set-neck instead of bolt-on, but kept the 5-way switch location and non-angeled headstock like the original Warhawk. I'm still warming-up to the non-satin glossy painted necks too ... Ooooh, maybe they could make a satin wine red or tobacco burst finish Warhawk -- now that would be H O T!

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I also am attracted to both those HB semi hollows for getting a different sound than my strat. What are the practical differences between the two? For instance, what change is effected by set neck vs. bolt on. I much prefer to hold the guitars I might buy (not for some time, but could go on the list), but no Reverend dealers even remotely close to around here.

EDIT: It would be nice to compare the new PRS Semi hollow on the same shopping day.
    I'm not positive since I haven't played either of the Reverend semi-hollow guitars, but looking at the specs I would bet that the Club King is more vintage and airy sounding and the Manta Ray is probably hotter, more modern, middy and tighter sounding. Just a guess though ... you should probably post this question on Reverend's forums, I'm sure that Joe or one of his employees will have a definitive answer for you.

I'm really curious to test out the new PRS SE semi-hollow too. So far the PRS SE offerings have been very solid, but I just can't justify the prices when I can get something comparable or sometimes better for less.

I'm so glad to see that everyone else is as excited about Reverend guitars as I am. They really are wonderful instruments and it is really refreshing to see the personal approach that Joe Naylor takes towards customer service. He truly is passionate and very knowledgeable about guitars and anything even remotely related. As far as I can tell, Reverend Guitars is similar to what Fender was back when Leo was still in charge of things.

Ok enough of my sappy Reverend ramblings ...
    Last edited by NPauly; January 12th, 2007 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Forgot to reply to sunvalleylaw
    My Gear ...
    Roland Micro Cube, Traynor YCV20WR
    Ovation Cedar Balladeer, "Super-cute" Fender Strat, Squier M-80

Post Thanks / Like

Default ya

The new Reverends look awesome! I bet they sound and play great too!
    I've never played a set neck, are they easier to play?

Post Thanks / Like

I always slightly found the Club Kings to be too plain. Keep in mind that my preferences in guitars run more towards Strats, PRS double-cuts, and Reverend Jetstreams/Warhawks. I'm not really a Tele kind of guy and to me the Chargers and Club Kings are reminiscent of the Tele design. And while I do like the look of a standard Les Paul I typically prefer the double-cut Les Pauls.

That's all.
    O, so it's a look-thing.

I used hate the look of Teles. That squared off pickguard looks so cheezy and the lower bass bout looks like a hayseed trying to act fancy by lifting a pinky when it drinks it's coffee.

But, now I think it has a charm all its own.

Still, I much prefer guitar makers to make new designs than to copy the big 3 over & over & over again.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Still, I much prefer guitar makers to make new designs than to copy the big 3 over & over & over again.
    Amen to that. You can understand why they do it, because these are the three most commercially successful electric guitar designs of all time. So if you're "only in it for the money", it's tough to argue with that strategy. But if you're trying to make your own mark as a guitar maker, why keep on cranking out Strat, Tele and LP rehashes?? I have to admit, I was disappointed to see Reverend introduce those LP knockoffs, when they have so many very original looking designs....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!