Thread: YouTube kicked me out

Post Thanks / Like

Default YouTube kicked me out

Today our friends of Google kicked me out of the YouTube partner program. No more monetizing - I dont have 1k subscribers, nor over 4K minutes of watch time.

I was eager to build the new channel, better camera, followed every advice, better thumbnails, etc.
    Started doing vids in German - the crowd was lame - did vids with cool gear - nothing happened.

Luckily, I just do this because I enjoy it and am financially independent.
    If YouTube still places ads before my vids, although I’m out of the program, this will be lousy.

I still have 30 days to catch up with the requirements, maybe a playing guitar naked vid could help ;-)
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

No naked videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Goldtop Lester
    VOX AC30CC2
    BOSS Katana 💯
    A few other guitars and pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like you just started the channel, Jimi - how long do they give you to reach 1k subscribers?
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Big money only for those guys they are clearly not interested by Creative contents. Just add some few nice kitten puppies playing on your guitars and you'll make it
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Seems like you just started the channel, Jimi - how long do they give you to reach 1k subscribers?
    30 days - counting...since yesterday.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes View Post
    Big money only for those guys they are clearly not interested by Creative contents. Just add some few nice kitten puppies playing on your guitars and you'll make it
    They just look at the analytics - I understand that. It’s impossible to check all the content. Maybe I was a little too late with the new channel, it I’m sure my content is worthwhile watching for guitar players.

I plan to go on and post videos regularly.

Anyways, you are so right about the kittens...but that is how consumers function today.