Thread: Purple haze - acoustic version with attitude!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Purple haze - acoustic version with attitude!

A fun listen - Tommy Emmanuel and Jerry Douglas from Tommy's excellent new cd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyOJUBGap1A
    Last edited by tjcurtin1; January 25th, 2018 at 07:05 AM.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Wow anyone see this Clapton Movie ?
    Life in 12 Bars... Pretty Fck'n Cool!

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Tommy Emmanuel is amazing. So glad that I got to see him in concert and go to the meet and greet. Besides the obvious scads of talent, the most remarkable thing about him for me is the sheer, unbridled joy when he plays.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve actually met him a couple of times and had some talks with him that were way more than small talks.
    As far as I assume he has a history (drugs/alcohol?) and so he appears to be grateful and joyful for what he can do now.
    To me he’s the most exciting acoustic player. I’m not to much into acoustic guitar, but he keeps me listening in awe.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed - he seems to get immense pleasure out of sharing his joy in music with the audience, and he also seems to be generous in his attention to fans and other musicians.

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Tommy just sent out this link to a one-take video of him and Jerry playing the song - very cool!
    http://www.artistic.io/u/Tommy-Emman...#trkvid1103611