Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Vox Promotion for Robert
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vox Promotion for Robert

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vox Promotion for Robert

Lets fill this thread totally with the words Vox, Vox Amp, Vox guitar amp, Vox Tonelab, Vox pedal, Vox tuner, Vox Modeler, Vox etc. and so on.

If it gets seen enough on search engines maybe the Vox Company will show Robert, our forum leader, some gratitude for all the Vox amps he has sold for them. Maybe they will offer him his choice of Vox gear.

It can't hurt to try. Lets go team!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Right on! Stuff like this could work

The quick brown Vox jumps over the lazy Vox Dog.

Voxy Lady!

Vox Town Traffic!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

VOX
    Rocks
    Fox
    Box

VOX in Box
    Fox rocks VOX

Fox in box with VOX and rocks

Fox on VOX and rocks the box

Chicks with licks come
    Chicks with box come
    Chicks with licks and box in a box come

Look sir. Look sir Mr VOX sir.
    Let's do tricks with licks and VOX, sir.
    Let's do tricks with chicks and box, sir.

First I'll make a quick trick lick stack.
    Then I'll make a quick trick VOX stack.

You can make a quick trick chick stack.
    You can make a quick trick box stack.

And here's a new trick, Mr. VOX...
    Fox on chicks and chicks on VOX.
    Fox in box and box on chicks
    Licks and rocks from VOX in box.

Last edited by tot_Ou_tard; January 12th, 2007 at 08:20 AM.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    VOX
    Chicks with licks come
    Chicks with box come
    Chicks with licks and box and VOX come
    ....hmm, that means something completely different where I come from
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    ....hmm, that means something completely different where I come from
    Does it now?...
    I pick a moon dog.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh, thanks guys, you are too kind! Vox amps are good!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Lets fill this thread totally with the words Vox, Vox Amp, Vox guitar amp, Vox Tonelab, Vox pedal, Vox tuner, Vox Modeler, Vox etc. and so on.

If it gets seen enough on search engines maybe the Vox Company will show Robert, our forum leader, some gratitude for all the Vox amps he has sold for them. Maybe they will offer him his choice of Vox gear.

It can't hurt to try. Lets go team!

I was lead to this forum after googling for a review of Vox Ad series amps and found Robert's Dolphinstreet site, and videos of him playing his Vox and his review of the Vox. I asked him some questions about the Vox in the smaller forum he has there. He led me to this great forum. Of course here I found a lot of info about the Vox series from a bunch of Vox users and almost bought a Vox. I plan to add a Vox at somepoint to my amps. I believe the info here on this forum, and on Robert's site is the most complete, accurate and helpful info on the Vox AD series out there.

(how's that?, it's all true!)
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Im quoting myself, from my Fret Players topic intoduction....I dont think Robert went back and read what Id wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    Dude...YOU! totally sold me on the VOX!!! Seeing you play your Tele on yours...right then, HAD to have one! I had considered several other different small tube amps, tried every one I could get my hands on....but after seeing/hearing you on the VOX...bought it! Your videos, lessons, pages, sites and forums have been a major internet resource for me...thanks for being soooo active and helpful. Thank you for being you! You rule! The internet and consumers need more people like you!

And as others have said(or implied) in the past...VOX needs to hook you up!
    And Squier too!!
    Seriously

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful, you might end up as a VOX aholic. Just like Mrs VOX ington down Vox Street. Actually she runs a local TONELAB and they do that Karate Kid thing ( VOX off VOX on ). Anyway with such a AD vance VOX like I have ( VOX TONELAB ) you can do a lot of fun VOX things. Super VOX out.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Heres another who bought a Vox per Roberts influence: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=158

Im gonna keep posting links as I find them *shrug*

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if it's VOX you want, it's VOX you'll get!! Because I own a VOX, and I love that VOX! The VALVETRONIX amps are an amzing value, with so many amp models and effects to choose from. Did I mention that two of those models are emulations of classic VOX amps, namely the VOX AC15 and the VOX AC30TB. If you're into those mid-'60's British Invasion tones, then a VOX is the only way to go. Remember those huge VOX Super Beatle amps? Mega-watts of jangly tonal goodness! I saw Tom Petty this summer, and they (he and Mike Campbell) were both playing through dual vintage VOX rigs. Not to mention they both played songs using those cool old VOX guitars with the teardrop shape. Petty had a 12-string VOX that sounded amazing. Yup, the prestige of the VOX name continues to shine on! Viva la VOX!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    VOX
    Rocks
    Fox
    Box

VOX in Box
    Fox rocks VOX

Fox in box with VOX and rocks

Fox on VOX and rocks the box

Chicks with licks come
    Chicks with box come
    Chicks with licks and box in a box come

Look sir. Look sir Mr VOX sir.
    Let's do tricks with licks and VOX, sir.
    Let's do tricks with chicks and box, sir.

First I'll make a quick trick lick stack.
    Then I'll make a quick trick VOX stack.

You can make a quick trick chick stack.
    You can make a quick trick box stack.

And here's a new trick, Mr. VOX...
    Fox on chicks and chicks on VOX.
    Fox in box and box on chicks
    Licks and rocks from VOX in box.

Jesus, I'm commin to meet ya. tOt has me laughing so hard I'm about to die. Maybe they'll bury me in a nice pine Vox.
    Last edited by Spudman; January 12th, 2007 at 05:56 PM.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Vox Rox!!

I like to Vox with my Vox in a Vox ...

Or more simply put, Vox Rox!!

Vox, V-Vox, Vox, Vox ...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Heh, thanks guys, you are too kind! Vox amps are good!
    Just good? Not great?

What would you consider to be a "great" amp, Robert?

Vox maybe?
    My Gear ...
    Roland Micro Cube, Traynor YCV20WR
    Ovation Cedar Balladeer, "Super-cute" Fender Strat, Squier M-80

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

A Vox AC30 from way back!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I played both the VOX AC30cc and the VOX AC15cc in a music store (VOX retailer) a couple of weeks ago, and I liked the sound from the VOX AC15cc better. Very warm and dark, almost mysterious

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Jesus, I'm commin to meet ya. tOt has me laughing so hard I'm about to die. Maybe they'll bury me in a nice pine Vox.
    At least I didn't write "chicks with d!cks come".

VOX-out!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Based on the experiences and comments of everyone here with the Vox ADxxVT, and based on a demonstration I heard of the AD100VT in a store, I am on the verge of buying either the 30 or the 50. I am very much a beginner and will be playing at home. Strange question as it is, how do these sound at low volume? The time I have to play is in the evenings when my family is going to sleep, and I am certain they don't want to hear me learning to play. I think the 30 would be sufficient, but I don't want to be short sighted in case I ever get good enough and the opportunity to play with other people. Opinions?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jasongins
    Based on the experiences and comments of everyone here with the Vox ADxxVT, and based on a demonstration I heard of the AD100VT in a store, I am on the verge of buying either the 30 or the 50. I am very much a beginner and will be playing at home. Strange question as it is, how do these sound at low volume? The time I have to play is in the evenings when my family is going to sleep, and I am certain they don't want to hear me learning to play. I think the 30 would be sufficient, but I don't want to be short sighted in case I ever get good enough and the opportunity to play with other people. Opinions?
    I think its the PERFECT amp for that! You can crank the Gain, Volume and Master and then you can control the wattage on a knob on the back...so you are able to play at really low levels and still get GREAT tone!

Im currently staying at my dad's house for a couple of weeks till I can get into my new place. He goes to sleep early and Im able to play until late...he hasnt heard me yet...and I dont even have a legitimate door on the room Im staying in...so Id say its the perfect amp for low volumes at night...you will be pleased!

Post Thanks / Like

ShortBusX -

You know, I was wondering what the relationship was between the knob on the back and the volume and master control on the front. Thank you for clearing that up. I think I am going to go with the 30. If I ever get to the point of playing with a band or performing, I will celebrate that moment by buying suitable gear at that time (always leave an excuse to buy more stuff).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast