Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Modded Les Paul 50s Tribute - MODDED

Thread: Modded Les Paul 50s Tribute - MODDED

Post Thanks / Like

Default Modded Les Paul 50s Tribute - MODDED

I decided to let a local artist, who was recommended to me by Rob DiStefano (the man who built my yellow Esquire) make a few "adjustments" to my Les Paul. Those adjustments would be adding pinstriped binding to the neck and body as well as hitting the satin finish with several coats of poly to really make it shine.

Here's how it looked before modification:

Here's how it ended up (just added the new speed knobs a short while ago):

The completed project exceeded my expectations. I think I am going to have some sort of custom graphics work done to my Charvel SoCal next, a la DiMartini.

Anyway, hope you dig it.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

2. Likes shupe13 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude that’s badass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Goldtop Lester
    VOX AC30CC2
    BOSS Katana 💯
    A few other guitars and pedals

4. Likes stingx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! These are so nice guitars - love my 50‘s, too!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! quite a trick doing all that on an assembled guitar, I would think.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

7. Likes stingx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I once considered doing the faux binding thing with a razor blade. Didn’t do it...
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

9. Likes stingx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautifully done aesthetically are you not afraid that the poly coat would dampen a bit the sound of your nice guitar?
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes View Post
    Beautifully done aesthetically are you not afraid that the poly coat would dampen a bit the sound of your nice guitar?
    Thanks and no, I didn't give it a thought. The whole process was painless and the guitar looks and sounds fantastic. It's awesome when your expectations are exceeded.

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't want to sound negative, the result is gorgeous but was just concerned about Polyurethane coat. I had my Thinline (from 1978) originally covered with a very thick poly coat and after removing this and apply a nitrocellulose coat, the guitar has gained so much vibration and acoustic sound (but of course it's a semi hollow body guitar)
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

-Pete

14. Likes piebaldpython*** liked this post