Thread: Marshall Origin Amphs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marshall Origin Amphs

Just saw this video on Andertons. Man, if I were in the market for an amph, I'd be all over the 20 watt head in a heartbeat. Has that classic vintage Marshall vibe to me. Apparently these were just announced at NAMM.

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your GAS Marnold......haha. Personally, lately I tend to favor Foundation type pedals. Pedals that give one a certain amp-style sound w/o having to buy a whole new amp. Tech 21 Sansamps, Catalinbread Foundation Pedals, Joyo Foundation pedals, Xotic SL Drive (Super Lead/Super Bass) and the Barber Compact Direct Drive.

Amp wise, all that I want or need is a CLEAN amp. Have no need for a DIRTY channel, that's what one has pedals for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    Amp wise, all that I want or need is a CLEAN amp. Have no need for a DIRTY channel, that's what one has pedals for.
    Generally (at least with guitar) I am in the opposite camp. I much prefer my dirt to come from the amph itself. That's why I really like my Jet City. However, I do with it had more clean headroom. It has virtually none on its own.

There was a time when I struggled to understand why so many people prefer to do things the way you do. Now that I've gotten older and listened to more guitarists talk, I totally get it now. I could even see myself getting a very clean amph, but I'd need some super dirty pedals
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Generally (at least with guitar) I am in the opposite camp. I much prefer my dirt to come from the amph itself. That's why I really like my Jet City. However, I do with it had more clean headroom. It has virtually none on its own.

There was a time when I struggled to understand why so many people prefer to do things the way you do. Now that I've gotten older and listened to more guitarists talk, I totally get it now. I could even see myself getting a very clean amph, but I'd need some super dirty pedals
    IMHO, one can do SO much better getting their "dirt" or "coloring" from a pedal than from an amp. All of those knobs and toggles on a pedal are just to get the pedal to do a couple of things. Much easier to "set" a pedal for a certain sound and the only thing you have to do is stomp on a switch. If one ran all of that off the amp controls, you'd be staring at the amp forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I’m not too impressed with it. 10’ speakers in the 20w version are an excluding feature.
    Further, Marshalls can never be a clean platform - this is a law not to be discussed ;-) No really, I personally would always love to have that smokey and angry Marshall tone in an amp made by Marshall.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75 View Post
    Honestly, I’m not too impressed with it. 10’ speakers in the 20w version are an excluding feature.
    I totally get that. Too often to my ears combos sound boxy just because of their size. I'd rather go with the head version.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75 View Post
    Further, Marshalls can never be a clean platform - this is a law not to be discussed ;-) No really, I personally would always love to have that smokey and angry Marshall tone in an amp made by Marshall.
    Well, I can't argue with that too much, but it also can't be denied that classic Marshalls have some very nice clean tones. Having said that, if you have a Marshall, you really need to set it to 11.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I saw it at NAMM.

Looks pretty cool!

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.