Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New series of Big Muff clones from BYOC

Thread: New series of Big Muff clones from BYOC

Post Thanks / Like

Default New series of Big Muff clones from BYOC

Just out from Buildyourownclone.com:

"The BYOC Large Beaver has earned a reputation as being one of the best and most spot-on vintage Muff clones. The 2018 Large Beaver still maintains all the tone of the previous version, but with a few changes that we think are improvements.

First thing you'll notice is that there are now 4 different versions to choose from. Before there was just one and it came with parts to build to two different specs. Now we offer Triangle Era with NOS 2N5133 transistors, Ram's Head Era with NOS BC239C transistors, Green Russian Era, or NYC Era versions. This makes it less confusing to build and because we don't have to include a bunch of extra parts, it allows us to sell it for less.

The second change is that we got rid of the 4-way rotary switch and replaced it with two toggle switches. The rotary switch was expensive and fragile. The new Large Beaver costs less and is tougher. The previous version cost $89.99. The new version starts at $69.99 for the NYC and Russian, and $74.99 for the Triangle and Ram's Head.

All the same great tone. All the same great options. Tougher. Lower price."

If you want one of these but you're not into DIY pedal building, I can help you out there. I'll build any of the four for the cost of the kit + $15 and shipping cost (US/CAN only). Try beating that!

NOTE: Prices shown above are for a complete kit with an unpainted aluminum enclosure. The snazzy painted enclosures shown in the photo are a $10 adder; well worth it, IMO. Nice durable powdercoat finish.

Details for each of the four different versions at the links below:

Triangle

Ram's Head

Russian

NYC
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a "gut shot" from my NYC version to show the high quality of the components, layout and workmanship:

Last edited by duhvoodooman; May 3rd, 2018 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Attachment wasn't displaying

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Your attachment is broken. So many clone choices!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, really? Displays fine for me, and the "Attachment 2400" hot link opens the image as well.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't display at all for me and if I click on the link the site says:

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    It doesn't display at all for me and if I click on the link the site says:

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    How about now? I deleted the attachment and am displaying the image from my website.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    How about now? I deleted the attachment and am displaying the image from my website.
    There we go! Your work looks pristine, as usual.