Hey all,

I had been playing bass for the last few years and decided I needed to shift back to guitar. My interests being punk, surf, rockabilly, psychobilly, metal and blues I decided to compare Gretsch electromatics and Fender MIM Telecasters. I know that these are very different guitars in a lot of ways but they also crossover a lot of the same space I am wanting to cover. So, I spent a couple of days playing many of each and ended up leaving with an FSR Ash MIM Tele that was a screaming deal at $579. I do really like it but find myself gazing longingly on the interwebz and YouTube at Gretschs which makes me wonder if I made the wrong call.

I am by no means an advanced or even intermediate player and would like to defer to the knowledge and experience in this forum. Any thoughts on which of these might actually fit my needs better?

I think I’m pretty well set for an amp. Bought a Boss Katana 50 that has built in delay and reverb so I can at least get the tone that I’m looking for or fake it at any rate. However, if I bought the wrong amp- by all means call me out on it.

Thanks in advance!