Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Parts searching

Thread: Parts searching

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parts searching

Topic suggestion, works like this...you help me, I help you, we help the next guy...together were super resourceful!

Ive got a project and Ive found almost everything Ive been looking for...except for some (3)BLACK TELE KNOBS...and Im also looking for capacitors(although Radioshack has been suggested an online source would be nice). I need (2) .033uf and (1) 1uf 400v caps.

Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Try Jon here http://www.tonecraftamprepair.com/html/capacitors.html

or try Doug here http://www.hoffmanamps.com/

Between these two guys you should be able to find what ya need.
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Post Thanks / Like

Those sites dont really have a catalog to chose from.

So Im still searching.

I just found this(link)...
    But it still dosnt show the values Im looking for
    Im sure there is something I need to learn here.
    Last edited by ShortBuSX; January 13th, 2007 at 12:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    Those sites dont really have a catalog to chose from.

So Im still searching.

I just found this(link)...
    But it still dosnt show the values Im looking for
    Im sure there is something I need to learn here.
    OK but for future reference either of those two guys will email you with recommendations on what you need. They are both very knowledeable and willing to help should you ever need it. Fer catalogs go here

http://www.mojomusicalsupply.com/
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Post Thanks / Like

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I think Ive got it now, thanks to you...and Ive been researching this all morning, even after reading this post...I eventually came back to it, and it made more sense...and I purchased from them, I tired of hunting.

Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to electronic components, if Mouser doesn't have it, it probably doesn't exist!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Im thinkin caps are the the most confusing thing in a guitar! Ive had a hellova time...so thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Well almost all of my parts have arrived...Im really just waiting to get settled into my new place before I tear into my project.

The only thing Im having a hard time with now is finding:
    BLACK, Phillips, Countersunk, Stainless, #6 - 32 x 1/4" Switch Mounting Screws

Keyword black...I know, Ive been told I can paint them...but Im also smart enough to know you cant really paint stainless and expect it to stay on...so Im looking for black, and I feel like Im looking for the impossible.

I ordered a set of switch screws from Stew Mac, but they sent me the smaller #4-40 x 1/4" countersunk ones. I can get panhead screws in black...but I cant find countersunk.

I know this seems kinda small and insignificant...what can I say, Im a freak for the details!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    When it comes to electronic components, if Mouser doesn't have it, it probably doesn't exist!

But the Mouser Catalogue is so damn confusing and user-unfriendly ...

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say....is there are times when you really need to get off your butt and go to the store....then you can search through all the screw bins your heart desires.

That coming from the guy who is probably the most reclusive on this forum.....but I do go to the hardware store when necessary.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazz
    All I can say....is there are times when you really need to get off your butt and go to the store....
    Searching through the parts-bins is Heaven ... but when you live halfway up a mountain in the middle of Wales, those kind of stores are fairly thin on the ground (i.e. none) ... it's mail-order or nothing here as far as components are concerned, and most of the UK mail-order stuff is fairly dire. It seems the U.S. has all the parts, but the P&P/S&H makes them prohibitively expensive.