Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New band : Les Blues Dogs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New band : Les Blues Dogs

Post Thanks / Like

Default New band : Les Blues Dogs

Dear The Fret friends,

My main band stopped playing a year ago since my bass player and my drummer went to join forces wuîth a very young and talented player so I stay a bit on the side for awhile but recently some musicians that I met 2 years ago contacted me and ask me if I would like to join them in a new band so here it goes a new chapter is tarting for me and I'm pretty hapy by teh way things evolve.

We played our first gig 21st of june (National day of Fête de la Musique in France) and got very positive feedback despite several shitty technical problems (Pedals crashed, guitar saddle crashed...

We call the band Les Blues Dogs forged on a Blues Rock base playing covers and original tunes (so far 3 from me and one from Nico).
    Quelques photos et vidéos

One song of the great bluesman Fenton Robinson

One song from Popa Chubby

Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

2. Likes Robert****, stingx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool! Everyone sounds great.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! You guys sound fantastic!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

You are one smoove mofo! I'm watching now and totally love the music. Great sounding band. I hope you have a blast with them.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great. Best of luck
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

I like it a lot! Keep us posted.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Jipes, glad to hear that you slipped right into a new band that you are enjoying - you sound great!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Woah !!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot guys you made my day, I had lots of question in my head whether or not I should continue playing music you know this type of interrogations which leaves you so sad. I guess I have too much expectation on my one self but I love so much interacting with friends and crowds that I couldn't stop and I'm so happy that I could do it again.

I don't know if any of you guys have runned through the same type of negative thinking I'm curious to hear your thoughts "Have you never ask yourself why do I go on playing music ?
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure that everyone does, especially when you're at live performance level and have long played in a band. But I think there is underneath those questions the recognition of the feeling that the music, the playing, is just important to you at a soul level and you really can't let it go.

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes View Post
    I'm curious to hear your thoughts "Have you never ask yourself why do I go on playing music ?
    I can't really explain it properly. To me it's an itch I can't quite scratch. I LOVE music and I love to play music. I get an urge to pick up my guitar and play and it's a very cathartic feeling. If I hear a song on the radio that I really like it's like a catalyst for me to go play. It's always been this way since I was a kid. I guess it's just a drive some people have.

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks it's nice to hear your feelings about this problem. I guess the desire to share emotions is more powerful than all the hurdles that one needs to go through as a hobby musician
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Woah !!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot guys you made my day, I had lots of question in my head whether or not I should continue playing music you know this type of interrogations which leaves you so sad. I guess I have too much expectation on my one self but I love so much interacting with friends and crowds that I couldn't stop and I'm so happy that I could do it again.

I don't know if any of you guys have runned through the same type of negative thinking I'm curious to hear your thoughts "Have you never ask yourself why do I go on playing music ?
    Maybe there's a bit of a language barrier here, but could you talk more about what you mean by "this type of interrogations"?

It's clear that you love playing music, you're good at it, and you like being in front of a crowd. I can't imagine better reasons to keeping playing. It's great that you found other people who are like minded.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Maybe there's a bit of a language barrier here, but could you talk more about what you mean by "this type of interrogations"?

It's clear that you love playing music, you're good at it, and you like being in front of a crowd. I can't imagine better reasons to keeping playing. It's great that you found other people who are like minded.
    In fact I felt put aside because I had quite some expectations for this new line-up planning for example to record a new album with some new material that I wrote and all of sudden both musicians decided to join a talented younger player and I felt like a "dog shit" asking myself why should I go on ? Did I had the real motivation to start all over again ? On top of that I suffer from joint arthritis and this really made me loose confidence and the will to go on.

I guess I'm so addicted that it would be impossible to stop even with the pain ( I've now switch to lower gauge strings to lower the pain)
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

In fact I felt put aside because I had quite some expectations for this new line-up planning for example to record a new album with some new material that I wrote and all of sudden both musicians decided to join a talented younger player and I felt like a "dog shit" asking myself why should I go on ? Did I had the real motivation to start all over again ? On top of that I suffer from joint arthritis and this really made me loose confidence and the will to go on.

I guess I'm so addicted that it would be impossible to stop even with the pain ( I've now switch to lower gauge strings to lower the pain)
    Hey Jipes - I kind of read this between the lines of your first post - and was kind of surprised since the band had been together for so long. It had to be understandably painful for you, and then dealing with the physical issues at the same time (which would already be discouraging, I'm sure), really hard to take. SO, your questioning of how to go forward and whether you wanted to, are really normal. I'm just glad that you are finding a way to climb out of those feelings and reconnect with the love of music to enable you to keep on keepin on! Best wished going forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks TJ Curtin I appreciate !
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Jipes you do what you love doing for as long as you are able to. You're a very good musician. Remember, people come and go all the time. Don't let that get you down.

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot Stingx I guess that's the way to go
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, the joys of getting older! In my mind, it's better that they go off with someone else. Otherwise, eventually the band would just be miserable for you because they would make it that way. Might as well keep on playing with others who appreciate what you can do!

Mercifully I don't have arthritis (yet), but as most people here know I had a serious hand injury 17 years ago and lost my first three fingertips on my right hand. I had to decide whether I'd keep playing or not--although I just play for my own enjoyment, not in a band. I had to relearn a great many things and there are some things I can't do (fingerstyle, for example. Ironically I was just starting to work on that before the accident). But I still enjoy it. I can still slap and pop on my bass. For hybrid picking I learned to use my intact pinkie. Basically I decided not to let my own stupidity keep me from playing

20. Likes stingx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember the topic where you had exposed your problem, for sure that's great that it didn't stop you from playing. I always thought that maybe I could switch to play only sldide guitar if ever the pain would be to intense. Thanks for your encouragements !
    Guitars:

Amps:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast