OK, as promised, here are some clips so you know for sure it happened. All of them were recorded using my Jet City retubed with JJs. Tone controls are at noon with the presence at about 1:00. The clean on is on the crunch channel with the preamp at about 9:00. The dirty is on the crunch channel with the preamp at about noon. It's the same riff repeated. I go through positions 1 (bridge) through 5 (neck). It's just to give you a taste of the pickups. I'm mic'd with my Rode NT-USB straight into audacity. It's my first time recording with this mic. Please note that this is in a room with fluorescent lighting, a computer, and a space heater going--still no noise Please be gentle. I'm a terrible guitarist.

Clean

Dirty

Next I go back to the clean tone but I add some reverb from my Digitech Polara's plate setting. I ham-fist my way through the beginning of Sultans of Swing. As you can tell I am struggling with string muting and keeping my volume even. I can play it much more cleanly with a pick but that's not very Knopfler-esque, is it. Once again, please be gentle. I LOVE how this sounds, even if my ability can't match the sound. (After listening again, I should've cut back on the gain a bit to make it cleaner. Ah, well.)

Sultans test (apologies to Mark Knopfler, et al)