Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Any help on the price of this?

Thread: Any help on the price of this?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any help on the price of this?

Hey there new to the forum so apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this, my mother was given a guitar way back when she was in her teens, both of us don't really know anything about the guitar or how much it might be worth, any and all information would be appreciated! x

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Made in either the Young Chang or Samick factory in Korea, sometime in '89 -'93 or so. It's not worth very much in terms of dollars, but the sentimental value (you love your Ma, right?) is right up there. Play it and have fun!!
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

Technically this should be in the Stratocaster forum, but that's no biggie.

I believe that the "E" before the serial number indicates it was an earlier model in the range Zip mentioned. Should have better tuners than later models. They are not highly sought after because Fender cut a lot of corners to get them to a certain price point. The electronics are cheap (easily fixable) and the body is plywood/laminate. I've read that they did a good job hiding the fact it was not a solid wood body in the earlier models but later on, not so much.

It looks like it's in excellent condition. Do you have any interest in learning guitar? It would make a great starter instrument. If you are looking to sell it, don't expect much.

If your Mom got that when she was a teenager, then I'm roughly the same age. At that time I had a sweet made-in-the-USA Peavey p-bass that I never should have sold. Cost me about $300 in the late 80s, roughly $700 today, adjusting for inflation. I remember asking my parents to put it on their credit card and I paid them back over about six months.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn