Thread: Listen and weep...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Listen and weep...

...because this kid is so amazingly good! Prodigy gypsy jazz player

I saw him tonight at our local performing arts center - please note that this video was from three years ago, when he was ....12 years old. If they post something from tonight's show I'll post it here - he is 3 years better now, if you can possibly imagine...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B57waHo3T30
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Impressive! Way beyond my abilities! But I'm only 11!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

3. Likes tjcurtin1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Such a nice feeling already he knows what dynamics are all about it's quite rare at this age usually they are more interested in speeding like crazy
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Well, his Dad told me how Henry started playing. The Dad's band was playing a gig at the French Cultural Center in Boston when Henry was 9. They asked them to include something 'French' so they prepared some Django tunes. He said that when Henry heard that music, it was as if a switch was flipped, and he wanted to learn how to play it - his Dad said, "He loved the fireworks in the music". Also, at the end of the show that I saw, I was complementing his uncle, who plays the bass. He said, "lt's great playing with Henry, but I'm out of gas! Once we start he plays pedal to the metal!"

This week Henry is in France at the Django festival in Django's home town, by invitation of the musicians who are organizing the festival....
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp