Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
This website is closing...

Thread: This website is closing...

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default This website is closing...

Hi guys, I will close this website in the next few days. If enough people are interested in keeping it up, I may be able to do that. However, the activity on this site is minimal, at best, and I am not convinced keeping it alive is worth it.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

While I feel bad because of the great memories I have here, I think I have to agree with you. There's not many of us around here.

The word 'amph" will live forever.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like it's time. TheFret has had a good run, but participation has slowed to a trickle in the past couple of years. Many thanks to you, Robert, for keeping it running as long as you have.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Aarrgghhh... I get it given the circumstances, but am sad all the same - this is the only guitar site that I visit, and have hung on because of the camaraderie of the folks here. Kind of like saying goodbye to friends you probably won't have contact with anymore. Special thanks to Robert, and the many of you who contributed so much and especially those who have hung in so long - Vood, Marnold, Jipes, Sunvalley Steve, Tig, Jimi, Stingx, Pie, helliott, Spudman, Brian Krashpad...... and many others.

Again, many thanks, Robert, and a fond farewell to the Fretters. Best wishes to all -

Ted
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I am going to try and keep it alive if possible. I need to move it to a different server and if it works there, it will be back up again. Eventually.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

When I received Robert's email that he was closing this site I was very saddened. As I already expressed to Robert I bear some responsibility for his decision as I haven't been around for quite some time. Ironically, I'm now retired and was looking forward to re-connecting with the music world and this site in particular. I think it's more than just a strange coincidence that as I was thinking of re-connecting with this community I received news of its impending demise.
    If you're successful in resurrecting TheFret.net in another incarnation, Robert, I promise that I will support it once again.
    I hope I'm not too late...
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear. I haven't posted in a while, but this was the main guitar forum I participated in, way before I signed up for TGP (which has become awful due to certain moderators and their hypocritical practices). I still have my very road-worn Duhvoodooman Tight Squeeze compressor. Everyone who tries it loves the thing. Thank you for all of the time you've put into this project, Robert.
    Patrick
    compressor.jpg
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Well, hell..I am one of those who drifted off and forgot about the place ....until I got the email.
    Damn...I used to really enjoy the site. I remember a lot of those names mentioned. Spent a lot of good hours here. Dunno how it got put on the back burner but FWIW I haven't participated in ANY forums for several years. Life, I guess...
    Wishing everyone the best and thanks for having a great site.

Post Thanks / Like

As many have already stated I'm sad but I guess it doesn't make too much sense to keep it running for such a very limited exchanges Facebook has killed already dozens of Forums ( I am a regular member of 4 forums and admin in one of them): I guess that's the evolution hard to do anything against that
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

I moved it to a new server! Is it working?

Post Thanks / Like

Working fine!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

12. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey! A resurrection! Thanks, Robert - feels good to know that the Fret is still available - along with all the remaining Fretters!

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

14. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Might be good to do another email informing folks - I almost didn't come back to look; was just about to remove the shortcut and clicked on it for old-time's sake and was surprised (pleasantly!) to see the page open.

16. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I moved it to a new server! Is it working?
    Seems to be working for me! Hopefully we can have some more activity here.

Good to see so many folks posting in here!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

18. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm basically a lurker....but saddened as well.

20. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Robert! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

22. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Working fine for me
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

24. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally closed my last forum up. It wasn't costing a lot just that no one was really using it. Keep it going as long as you can for as long as it is active, Robert. This is one of the first guitar forums I joined when I got back into music many years ago. I pop in from time to time but not always active - two children will do that to you.

Keep on keeping on, Robert! You run a great board.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

26. Likes Robert**** liked this post