Thread: 2-good-guitars-condensed-into-1-great-guitar question

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2-good-guitars-condensed-into-1-great-guitar question

Hi all,
    This is my first post on this forum.
    I own HSS MIM Stratocasters that I have changed the neck pickup to a Dimarzio DP-180 and the tremolo block to a KGC brass block and a Gibson les paul junior. Both great guitars. My goto guitar is now the recently bought LPJ. Despite being pleased with these guitars, would you consider upgrading them to a single higher end LP? I feel I now have good representation of two great guitars but I don’t see myself going back to the Fender in the near future cause the jr is awesome.
    Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Fret, Jack. This is likely the beginning of a search for the guitar(s) that best suit your taste. A new guitar often puts an old favorite on the back burner for a while. When you come back to it later you often are reminded why you liked it to begin with. Anyway, if you are like many of us, you'll likely go through any number of guitars in the years ahead, and will probably regret having let go of some of them later! Of course, unless you are like some of the members here who have vast collections of guitars, having held onto the old ones as they add new ones - I don't have the the money, the space or the wife to make that a possibility myself... Good luck with the hunt, and note the first quote in my signature...!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp