I watched this video from Rick Beato entitled "You're probably using the wrong guitar strings." It's definitely worth a watch:

That led me to try Boomer 9s on my Tele. I figured that they aren't expensive and locking tuners make it easy to swap sets. Much to my surprise, I really like the 9s, even when tuned to Eb. Much easier to play, especially since I don't get all the time to play that I like. The problem is that now I want to put them on my Jackson, which would involve refloating my Floyd. If I do that, I'm going to look into some higher tension noiseless springs from FU Tone.

Also, my Carvin X60 amph has gotten me to reexperience some gear I haven't touched in a long time. I wiped a protective layer of dust off my Digitech Expression Factory. I spent about an hour just flipping through settings and smiling like a moron. This amph really like pedals. My Jet City is going to feel lonely.

I also tried the Carvin through my Jet City 1x12 cab as well as with both the internal speaker and the cab. It was more of a "look what I can do" thing then necessarily something useful, but I like the fact that I can do it!