Thread: Be well, be safe - Covid19

Post Thanks / Like

Default Be well, be safe - Covid19

Looks as if many of us may be getting some unplanned woodshedding time... I hope that everyone stays well and safe in the weeks ahead. Best wishes to you and yours wherever in the world you are as we cope with this monster.

Ted
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

I was in preventive quarantine for 14 days with my wife as one of my colleagues had his children in contact with a Covid19 positive person. So far the epidemic seems reasonably controlled in France and where I live we have so far only 6 deaths. The mortality index is probably largely overestimated as many infected individuals have little or no symptoms and by the fact are not diagnostiqued as positive. They announced yesterday that they will close down all schools and universities to limit the spread of the virus
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

My kids just heard that their spring break will be extended a week. Classes will be online until the middle of next month, possibly until the end of the semester. The problem is that my second son is in clinicals right now, so we're not sure how that's going to affect his graduation or licensure. Whatever it is, it will all work out. In my line of work it is hard, if not downright impossible, to be around people. At least with someone my age the worst case scenario is that I get sick for a few weeks.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes, safety, and companionship to all of you. Springsteen said "you'll need a good companion, for this part of the ride." Amen.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Schools closed here in Alberta and state of emergency has been declared.

Delivered a new phone to my father in law yesterday. He lives in a senior home. Today I’m not allowed to visit and he is urged to stay in his room.

Strange times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the WI governor banned meetings of more than 10 so all of our services are canceled for the foreseeable future.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

7. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So like many of you, all our shows have been cancelled except the ones in the summer (July 4th ----> are all on...for now. Thankfully, I don't need to rely on that income to survive. Thoughts and prayers for all those that will be without income in the near future. Man, what a world!!
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

9. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stay strong and with a good spirit it might be pretty long but we will see teh end of the tunnel one day ! I never played so much guitar than during this locked down period
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

11. Likes Robert**** liked this post