Thread: Shenandoah (my bottleneck arrangement)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shenandoah (my bottleneck arrangement)

Hi everyone!

I leave to you to listen my arrangement of Shenandoah, an amazing traditional american tune, I would be very happy to receive comments and opinions about my playing, my expressivity and my arrangement.

I hope it's the right place to post it, and excuse me for my english, I'm from italy.

Thank you

https://youtu.be/EFKmlWNbDxc

In the video description you can find all information about the gear that I used

Inviato dal mio ANE-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Great arrangement it sounds deep and mellow Like it ! Are you in Italy Davide ?
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

3. Likes Bluesy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes View Post
    Great arrangement it sounds deep and mellow Like it ! Are you in Italy Davide ?
    Thank you so much
    Yes, I'm in Italy

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that's very nice. Your description doesn't mention a couple of things. How is your tele tuned? What is your string gauge? Is you action high, medium or low? Tone and intonation are very good. Been playing slide for years and I still struggle with pitch. Kep up the good work.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

6. Likes Bluesy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by helliott View Post
    Oh that's very nice. Your description doesn't mention a couple of things. How is your tele tuned? What is your string gauge? Is you action high, medium or low? Tone and intonation are very good. Been playing slide for years and I still struggle with pitch. Kep up the good work.
    Thank you so much

About your questions:

Tele tuning: Open C (CGCEGC)
    String Gauge: 11 - 52
    Action: high ( low string: 2,8mm high sting: 2mm)