Thread: Guitar pick for people with hand/finger problems?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guitar pick for people with hand/finger problems?

Hi, does anyone know any type of pick that you can wear on your index finger that allows you to down pick? Traditional finger picks will fall off and I’m not using it to play a fingerpicking style, I’m playing regularly. I have very bad dexterity issues due to a disease and I can’t really manipulate pick without dropping it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Try Gorilla Snot. For not much money, it could be the answer you need.
    Here's a link ---->https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

(Duplicate)
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure of the nature of your finger problems. I managed to rid myself of the first three fingertips on my right hand in a snowblower. Not one of my finest moments. In my case, v-picks have done the trick. They aren't sticky but they are really non-slip. I'd also suggest trying a thumb pick. You should be able to use it like a regular pick, but it wraps around your thumb for better control.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski