Thread: New fingerstyle / vocal tune Cocoon, for your ears and eyes.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default New fingerstyle / vocal tune Cocoon, for your ears and eyes.

I’d just like to nervously announce that my first new single in 7 years, Cocoon, is out now on all streaming platforms. From the forthcoming album The Faintest Idea.

This song is for my intrepid daughter, Indigo. “Stop worrying dad.” - Indi, aged 3. I will try.

Post Thanks / Like

Really stunning playing but more important beautiful and sensitive interpretation I love it !
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jipes. The album is out today - Streaming platforms (spotify, etc) and CD/vinyl all at this one convenient link: https://jongomm.lnk.to/TheFaintestIdea

This is the acoustic banger track. It’s called Dream Factories, it’s about how music, our lives, our dreams - they’re taken, remade and sold back to us.

Hope you enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow - beautiful song, amazing playing!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Don't know how I missed this in August. I'm no where near dexterous enough to pull off the re-tuning. Did you have to do anything special with the nut on your guitar so that you could pull that off reliably? Or are you just adjusting for any imperfections on the fly?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Marnold. I use special tuners, called Keith Pegs made by Beacon Banjo. Adrian Legg is the master of the art, check his stuff out if you didn't already.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a new video from the album out today - fingerstyle guitar instrumental groove-based-lullaby ‘Check You’re Still Breathing’ - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmDcXQfel5I

Guitar Tab and album streaming/buying links at jongomm.com

I hope someone over here is into it. Thanks for listening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by performingchimp View Post
    I’d just like to nervously announce that my first new single in 7 years, Cocoon, is out now on all streaming platforms. From the forthcoming album The Faintest Idea.

This song is for my intrepid daughter, Indigo. “Stop worrying dad.” - Indi, aged 3. I will try.
    Pretty cool! I know my ear is not good enough to keep everything in tune. Do you find that it leads to shorter life of the strings?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski