Thread: Replacing LP standard neck. Help!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Replacing LP standard neck. Help!

I hope this is the right place, sorry if it’s not. I have a epiphone Les Paul Special. I was looking to replace the neck and I realized there was an overhang. Is it possible to replace it with one they doesn’t have an overhang. With the same scale but 21 frets. I’m not really sure. Any help is appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Why did you want to replace the neck? I would think that would be challenging since it is a set neck. I thought most Les Pauls had 22 frets.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Epi Les Paul Specials are bolt on neck. Easy swap out, but for $150 brand new...why do it???
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa