Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Listen to my band Warp Kings

Thread: Listen to my band Warp Kings

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Listen to my band Warp Kings

Check out my new band Warp Kings! We have a new single out now - Hey Bulldog (The Beatles). The first song we recorded was Midlife Crisis (Faith No More).

Hope you like it! I do both mixing and mastering of the songs and play all the guitars.

Have a listen!

Spotify -> https://open.spotify.com/artist/63PTVJiqqnNbAsaKhi4mmd

Apple Music -> https://music.apple.com/us/artist/warp-kings/1528247364

YouTube -> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr_...nT9eo1SDfqE2-Q

Last edited by Robert; November 2nd, 2020 at 11:33 AM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I can only say this ....covering Beatles is high risk in my experience. But your band pulls it off with flying colours. And not one of the easier ones either. Guitar lines, vocals, harmonies, mix, feel all terrific. Live in studio or patched together? Your guitar rig was? Just a great listen. Also saw the other one called midlife crisis. Liked it but not as much. Needs more guitar. Congrats, sir.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, that's exciting news, Robert! Pretty amazing that you've put it together in the midst of the general confinement. Excellent take on Hey Bulldog - sounded like you all had fun putting it together.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

I love the "midlife crisis" quite a departure from what you played before isn't it ? I found it nicely produced and with great parts quite a mix of influences there but nicely molded together. The singer is really good
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit that I wasn't familiar with either song before. I like the covers quite a lot. The mix seems excellent as well. Who's all in the band? How did it all come together?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. The band came together as a "Covid-19 Isolation Project". We were all bored and wanted to do something together. It's my drummer friend who got it started - he knew some people who knew some people... the bass player in the band is in a slightly more famous band called Nickelback...

See https://warpkings.com

What do you get when you have a handful of excellent musicians, locked out of playing live gigs in early 2020? For members Brandon Kroeger, Mike Kroeger, Scott Holman, Robert Renman and Greg Kisser, the answer became obvious: start a virtual super-band dedicated to playing epic covers in homage to the songs that inspired each of them in their own warped way.

Originating at the height of the COVID-19 lock-down, what started out as a one-off project to cover one of our all-time favorite tunes, the 1992 alternative metal hit Midlife Crisis, by Faith No More, evolved very quickly. Even though the band members are located far apart (for instance there's a span of over 2,700 kilometers between Brandon and Mike), with the technology available and experience of the group, distance is no barrier. Their musical chemistry of the group immediately became apparent. Within a few days of the first mix of Midlife Crisis being completed, the name Warp Kings was adopted. The following day the bands logo was also completed.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Just remember us little people when you become all famous, Robert!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

8. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is our video!

10. Likes marnold*** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed 'em both!! Well done, Robert!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

12. Likes Robert**** liked this post