Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Fretter pandemic check-in - let us know how you are!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fretter pandemic check-in - let us know how you are!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fretter pandemic check-in - let us know how you are!

Hey everyone who still checks in on occasion - I found myself wondering, with things so quiet here at the Fret - how all of us remaining Fretters are doing. I feel a friendly connection to many long-time fretters and am hoping that everyone is well and safe - but it would be good to know that you really are! Can I suggest that everyone chime in and let us know that you are OK? I am fortunate to report that all is well on my home front - waiting to get my vaccine as part of the over - 65 tier two, hopefully this month.

Warmest regards to everyone - Ted.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, doing good here too. Not old enough to get vaccinated but I'm staying as safe as I can I guess. Everything's been cancelled, so until I get a phone call I'm just trying to keep up my chops, writing a little, etc. Hoping when the weather gets better I'll be able to do some outdoor shows. Not expecting much in the way of $$, just some fun playing out again.
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

3. Likes tjcurtin1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Doing fine here and keeping hope for a brighter future ! never played so much acoustic since a hell long time
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

5. Likes tjcurtin1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey everybody!

We're doing well, although after being in Wisconsin for almost 25 years, I'm now pastor in Michigan! We're just getting settled in. Lots of things to learn. Nothing like moving in the Midwest, in January, during a pandemic! Because I also teach in our school, I was able to get my first COVID vaccine (the Moderna one). Unfortunately it didn't grant me super-powers--at least not yet. It was just like getting a flu shot. A little pain in the arm for a day or so but that was it.

Because of the move I haven't gotten much of a chance to play recently. My stuff is all set up in my office at home, though.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

7. Likes tjcurtin1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Rev - that's a serious change! And as you say, in the midst of all the current mayhem! Best wishes in your new home and with the new work.

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks TJ! Yep, I'm drinking from a fire hose here, but it's all good!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

10. Likes tjcurtin1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Doing well here in Philly. I teleworked due to Covid from mid-March until 01/01/21 when I retired after a 44 yr career with the Federal Gov't. My wife still continues her part-time public school job (25 yrs) as a kindergarten aide....teleworking. I have had the privilege of listening to her class for the past 10 mths. It is truly amazing how much these kids learn teleworking. The kids are not being shortchanged. She will get her Covid shot some time in early March (hopefully) as she is in school. I am 64, so I might have to wait a bit. We go nowhere, other than to a doctor or food shopping (monthly). We either make our food ourselves or get take-out or have it delivered. We are doing well as can be expected. Cheers to all. Congrats to Marnold on the new pastor gig. I find that amazing as I spent my entire career in the SAME building.

12. Likes tjcurtin1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's nice to have news of everyone
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

14. Likes tjcurtin1 liked this post
    Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I am doing fine. I don't know of any people in my town who has had the virus. We are hanging in there, playing guitar and trying to learn new things every day. It's just myself, my dog and my daughter in the house. She will be going to Victoria, B.C. in the fall.

My dog has hip dysplasia, which is a genetic condition and that was unexpected. I'm going to take her to a veterinary college for a full hip replacement this spring. She is only 1.5 years old and she's already limping.

I've also been busy with my virtual band, Warp Kings. Yesterday, we released a new single. Waiting For The Sun, by the Doors.

Good to hear from you guys!

Stay healthy!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

16. Likes tjcurtin1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that you are all well in your neck of the woods, Robert. SO sorry to hear about your dog's troubles... - she's so young...! Could it be possible that your little daughter is getting ready to go off to university already????

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ted, she is 17 now and yeah, time flies like an arrow (but fruit flies like a banana).
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

19. Likes tjcurtin1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was thinking that wasn't too far from home - but, Wow - that's a long drive from Camrose!

21. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A-OK here in Albany, NY. My wife and I both got our second shots (Moderna) on Friday. Minimal side effects. Glad to hear everyone is hangin' in there!

Currently working on this: http://www.byocelectronics.com/board...hp?f=9&t=59346
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

23. Likes tjcurtin1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had melanoma 4 years ago on my left arm. Surgery went well and I have a nice 4" scar. Had the surgery done 4 yrs ago at HUP. Because of that surgery and my history of melanoma, I am in HUPs data-base. Imagine my surprise when I received an e-mail from them OFFERING me a chance to get the COVID vaccination. They didn't have to ask me twice! Received my 1st shot (Pfizer) last Saturday and get my 2nd shot on 03/13/21. My wife, the teacher's aide, is scheduled to get her 1st shot next Wednesday.

DVM....love your new Strat and will say the following quite emphatically.......a string-thru design thru a decent piece of wood will affect tone and sustain. I have 4 lap steels that are string-thru and they all sing sweet and long. Add a bit of airy compression (Barber Tone Press) and the sustain is endless.

25. Likes tjcurtin1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am well! We are well! Just retired this last July so I'm trying my best to steer clear of the pandemic. Enjoying every day of retirement! Have a new woodshop and a new music room. The woodshop is big enough but the music room is a little small. But at least I have one so I will persevere. Glad to see all of you guys still here! I've missed this place.

27. Likes tjcurtin1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a fun project, Vood - good to hear from you! You WILL, I hope, inform us of your reaction to the finished project...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    I had melanoma 4 years ago on my left arm. Surgery went well and I have a nice 4" scar. Had the surgery done 4 yrs ago at HUP. Because of that surgery and my history of melanoma, I am in HUPs data-base. Imagine my surprise when I received an e-mail from them OFFERING me a chance to get the COVID vaccination. They didn't have to ask me twice! Received my 1st shot (Pfizer) last Saturday and get my 2nd shot on 03/13/21. My wife, the teacher's aide, is scheduled to get her 1st shot next Wednesday.

DVM....love your new Strat and will say the following quite emphatically.......a string-thru design thru a decent piece of wood will affect tone and sustain. I have 4 lap steels that are string-thru and they all sing sweet and long. Add a bit of airy compression (Barber Tone Press) and the sustain is endless.
    Rough way to get on the vaccination list, but it did the job, eh?

Yeah, hear you loud & clear (pun intended) on string-through guitars. I have several Teles!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I was very confused for a bit because I read "string through" as "neck through" which is an entirely different animal. That would be a bit more of an ambitious project.

My Tele certainly is louder acoustically than my Jackson. Still, for me having the Floyd is worth the trade-offs. Having said that, I wouldn't want EVERY guitar I own to have one. It's nice to be able to adjust tunings without having to spend a half hour refloating the bridge.

DVM, with the shielding paint, can you connect it to the shielding on the pickguard somehow? The static noise from pickguards during the winter drives me nuts.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a mild case of the COVID 2-weeks ago...no big deal...I'm fine now. Ironically I was offered the vaccine during the middle of my infection but had to turn it down (someone cancelled). You can't get the vaccine if you're infected or for at least 2-3 weeks after you're over it. Oh well, I've got the antibodies now so I'll be good to go until my turn comes up again.

BTW: Happy Birthday DVM!
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast