It's a BYOC 18-Watt "TMB" head, basically a circuit clone of the venerable 18W Marshall "1974X" model of the late '60s (the model # has nothing to do with the mfg. date). This is the third 18W TMB kit I've built, starting with a Trinity Amps kit (chronicled HERE) and, a couple of years later, the BYOC version when it first came out. Both amps were soon sold to fund other gear-related purchases. But this past fall, BYOC announced that they would be out of the amp kit business temporarily due to their transformer supplier going out of business (bummer!). They'll be back, but it takes a while to qualify a new source, and then update their detailed build instructions to reflect the new transformer configuration and wire colors.

Anyway, the announcement was made that, after their current stock was depleted, that would be it for a while. I had been thinking about how good those 18W heads had sounded, and had also recently sold some gear and had the funding available, so I decided to snag one of those remaining kits. Turned out that I made the decision in the nick of time, because I got the last one!

Rather than duplicating it here, I'll just direct you over to the build thread on the BYOC forum (link below) if you're interested in seeing how the amp came together. I decided to go with an eye-catching red tolex finish on the head cab, with white piping. After another forum member over at BYOC commented on who the amp reminded him of, I gave it the pun-ishing name of "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo". And it sounds as bold as it looks!

Here's the link: http://www.byocelectronics.com/board...hp?f=9&t=59226

And here's a teaser photo: