Thread: Volume pot to killswitch conversion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Volume pot to killswitch conversion

Hello! So I'm not the best with electronics....but, I have a Schecter C-8 Hellraiser Hybrid which has EMG 57-8H/66-8H with a 3 way switch, 2 volumes and 1 tone. I want to have the 3 way switch, 1 volume, 1 tone and a killswitch where the old volume would've been. Is that possible with this set of pickups? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why it wouldn't be possible. I'm not sure how it is wired up right now. Sometimes manufacturers will solder the whole thing together and sometimes they will use EMG's quick connects. EMG sells a kill switch themselves: https://www.emgpickups.com/tko-kill-switch.html Looks like it would fit in place of a volume pot.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

I'll just have to get a wiring diagram and see if I can figure it out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If it's quick-connects, it should be pretty straightforward. Even if it's soldered it shouldn't be hard. Just wire the kill switch in between the tone control and the jack. EMG has a bunch of diagrams on their site.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski