Thread: 2021 Slash Epiphone Les Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2021 Slash Epiphone Les Paul

Anyone see the new Slash Les Pauls from Epiphone? Made in China, same finishes as the made in US version, CTS pots, orange drop caps, Graphtech nut. $899. Hmm. That goldtop looks mighty hawt.

https://www.epiphone.com/Guitars/Collection/Slash

I'm going to have to see if my local GC gets one in...
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Change the truss rod cover, paint the back of the headstock and I think you'd have a nice guitar for not much cash.
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    Change the truss rod cover, paint the back of the headstock and I think you'd have a nice guitar for not much cash.
    I think (not sure) that they include a plain black truss rod cover.

As an aside, am I the only one who seems to like Epiphone's headstock better than Gibson's? It seems to have slightly straighter string pull too. And yes, I know that Jacksons don't have anything resembling a straight string pull on their headstocks, but most have a locking nut so it really doesn't matter. Getting the high E in tune before clamping it is a bit tricky.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski