Thread: Notaklon from JHS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Notaklon from JHS

JHS has come out with a Klon clone that you assemble yourself (no soldering). I've listened to some videos where people compare it to a real Klon and it is virtually indistinguishable. They originally made 3,000 figuring that's all they would need. I just placed an order. I'm number 14239. Hard to beat for $99. It even comes with a tube of goop to cover the circuit!

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

We expect a full review when you get it. Pics of the build progress would be good, too.

I've played with a 'real deal' Klon before, and it wasn't my thing. Couldn't get a sound that I really liked. I could've bought it for like $200. That was my stupid mistake #762.
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    I could've bought it for like $200. That was my stupid mistake #762.
    Wow. That's rough.

I'll post about it, but it won't be until February-ish when mine is scheduled to ship.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be waiting.

Josh gets a lot of flak, but he's a pretty cool guy.
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

I checked my order. It's now due to ship in March. Waiting patiently. They are over 20,000 orders now!