Well, I had some money burning a hole in my pocket. I've been looking at single cut/Les Paul-style guitars. My main gripe with Les Pauls are: the glossy neck, the heel joint, and the smaller frets. I really wanted a gold top that would address some of those issues. I had been looking at a Sire L7. I also looked at LTDs and Schecters, but I kept coming back to the Jackson Monarkh. It is probably enough to make a classic Les Paul fan throw up in his mouth, but I love Jackson necks and jumbo frets. Ghost sharkies and locking tuners are icing on the cake. Apparently the Pro series bolt ons are built in Mexico but the neck-through and set neck ones are built in Indonesia.

It seems that I'm getting one of the last ones out there. Jackson discontinued the gold top so there are none in MF's warehouses. The one I'm getting is from an Ohio Guitar Center. It has some minor scratches on the back of the neck by the headstock, apparently from it being taken on and off the hangar. It seems very minor. They knocked off $50 on top of the $100 it was already marked down.

Hopefully they repacked it well. They are saying it will be here tomorrow...

Here's the page on Musician's Friend. It's not actually an SCQ because the Q means quilted top.
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...64691000003000