Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Muhammed Suiçmez
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muhammed Suiçmez

Post Thanks / Like

Default Muhammed Suiçmez

Finger-lickin' death metal goodness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA67UNstFWM

(The video has been flagged as inappropriate, but there's nothing objectionable about it that I can tell, unless you object to the genre as a whole.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ro3b
    Finger-lickin' death metal goodness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA67UNstFWM

(The video has been flagged as inappropriate, but there's nothing objectionable about it that I can tell, unless you object to the genre as a whole.)
    Yes, the entire genre is objectable!
    I just dont understand why anybodyd post a link to that???
    "Goodness"?

Yall get some diverse music link posts here at the Fret.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah our filter here at work blocks access to that video. It says "Adult Content" was filtered........
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

The vocalist needs to take two cups of this and call a doctor asap in the morning.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

The title means someone who practices the eating of corpses.

Not my cup of tea, that's for sure.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    Yes, the entire genre is objectable!
    Different strokes. I myself am deeply offended by REO Speedwagon.

Post Thanks / Like

Death metal is awesome.

Rigor Mortis out of Dallas is one of my favorites

Wizard of Gore
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h99DUuvAwk

Shroud of Gloom:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgbfs...elated&search=
    Ron Paul is like Kryptonite to Tyranny

Guitars:
    MIM Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS73, Fender F210, Martin Backpaker Steel-String

Amps:
    Behringer V-Tone 2x10 60W, Marshall G10 MkII, Danelectro E-Studio Honeytone.

Pedals:
    Danelectro Corned Beef reverb, Johnson flanger, DOD FX25 envelope filter, Behringer Hellbabe wah, Digitech Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

Different strokes. I myself am deeply offended by REO Speedwagon.
    Ok Robert ban me if you must, or delete my post if Im outta line here the following is my opinion like it or not.

While you may not like REO Speedwagon and Im not a huge fan of theirs either. They can at least carry a tune and have some musical and melodic structure to their music. The group you linked to however for one has no vocal ability whatsoever. In our society of "you cant be judgemental" bullcarp. Controlled burping and vomiting and the ability to string 800 distorted notes per minute is not by any stretch musical even if it has some souls thinking it is good. That video is pure unadulterated noise.

You may not like REO or whoever, fine but their work is in no way offensive just not to your taste. Where the group you find tasteful has to use a title relating to the eating of dead bodies probably for the shock value. This is to make up for the offensive din and noise they propagate on stage as well as a total lack of talent. Yea I know they can string notes together so thats music......there is no excuse for what that guy calls singing. For that matter I have yet to see any "Death Metal" that is nothing more than people making noise and passing it off as music.

You listen to what you like and Ill do the same. But if you put up bilge and tell me it great and its crap Ill speak my mind as well. That was crap!
    Last edited by Mark; January 19th, 2007 at 03:45 PM.
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa. Easy there, man. You know the crack about REO was a joke, right? That's what the was for.

I'll gladly take down the link if you all find it offensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I think every band is crap. Top that!

Seriously, it does take ability and some kind of talent to play death metal. I can't do it, nor do I want to. I find it too tiring to listen to and YOU CAN'T SING ALONG.

While we all have a varied taste in music I'll go out on a limb here and say that the majority of thefret won't find this music very compelling.

However, what is compelling is the way they play what they do. Maybe that can be brought to the front so that it is understandable. It's really hard to distinguish parts in this kind of music or to understand the interplay between musicians, if any.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Feel free to post your opinions about music, just don't attack each other and all will be good...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Before a reply, I went back and re-read SunvalleyLaw's MLK Day post. I think it can answer a lot of questions about the value of genre's such as death metal, especially Spudman's comments, which led to more discussion.
    The state of the planet is such today that positive encouragement and making changes that help, rather than hurt, are paramount.
    I don't like death metal, snuff movies, war, or any other endeavor that seeks to bring violence, torture, etc., to public awareness and glorify it in any way.
    We can all agree to disagree on certain subjects, but I refuse to give any type of "artistic license" to such crap, just as I would not to film, photography, or any other genre that promotes death, destruction, or violence as entertainment. I find it sad that so many young people today see it as "cool", and I believe that years from now, sitting by a fire with children or grandchildren at their feet, they may view this garbage differently.
    There's my two cents worth.
    OOoops, I see an edit is in order..
    I am not attacking anyone in regards to this, I do not mean to imply that censorship is in order,if it's out there, you have the choice to indulge, I do believe one's mind is somewhat akin to a diary, however, what you put in it is what you will remember years from now when you go back and reminisce. Nor do I wish to offend anyone by my opinions, I merely wished to particitpate in this lively discussion.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    The title means someone who practices the eating of corpses.
    Hence the finger-licking death metal reference.

Whoa. Easy there, man. You know the crack about REO was a joke, right? That's what the was for.

I'll gladly take down the link if you all find it offensive.
    Leave it up.
    Last edited by tot_Ou_tard; January 19th, 2007 at 06:08 PM.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I had to register just to watch this one. For us oldies, remember way back when.....
    Part of IT was that the music was way cool, part of IT was the rebellion and shock value of it all. I remember when I scored a "black box" to hack into the then new pay channels just to watch Alice Cooper. My folks, including my dad who was a life long musician and jazz accordionist (yes they exist), pretty much lost it right there. They felt the same way about most of the music I listened to and played then, but now that same stuff is (like Zeplin) is featured in Cadillac commercials. I doubt there are many head bangers in the Cadillac demographic.
    All I'm trying to say is, music encompasses so much more than music. It's a statement, a belief, a feeling, goosebumps and so much more. THAT is what makes it individual and universal at the same time.
    I HATE this stuff and cannot get into it. But like disco or you name it, it requires technique to play, has a following, and must have something or it wouldn't exist. I doubt this will ever find it's way into a Lexus commercial, but I guess you never know.
    Now grasshopper, pluck this pebble from my palm. What the hell am I talking about........
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Epi Dot Deluxe, Squier '51, G&L S-500
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like

Oldguy's points are very well taken. However.

I'd argue that the existential horror of life sometimes demands a response from art that's not pretty. A work of art is no less valid if what it expresses is pain and awfulness and despair. Thinking about Otto Dix's paintings of maimed WWI verterans, the blinding of Glocester in King Lear, the Sex Pistols, NWA, Guernica. Hendrix's "Star Spangled Banner" -- as guitar players we focus so much on his tone and execution that we can forget what an incredibly subversive and disturbing performance it was at the time.

In Tropic of Cancer, Henry Miller wrote, "This is not a book. This is libel, slander, defamation of character ... this is a prolonged insult, a gob of spit in the face of Art, a kick in the pants to God, Man, Destiny, Time, Love, Beauty, what you will."

So -- death metal. Everything about it is confrontational and frightening. It's incredibly difficult to play, the songs are often structured in a byzantine (if not impenetrable) fashion, everything you ever knew about chords and harmonization has been tossed out in favor of rampant chromaticism, and the lyrics might be totally nightmarish if they were intelligible. It's not nice music. It screams in the face of conformity. It's wonderful stuff to bother parents who are pressuring you to do well in school so you can get into a good college and grow up to be a polite hard-working contributor to society. If it alarms you, it's done its job. Charles Ives would tell you to sit down and take your dissonance like a man.

Big Rob: THANK YOU for the Rigor Mortis links. I hadn't heard them before. Awesome stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

good god it's cool getting old... I can remember Listening to Black Sabbath, Deep Purple , Alice Cooper... and the old people thought MY GAWD what is that Sheeeet.....it does not have a beat nor can you understand a word...

I was impressed with the playing... but I am easily impressed with any talent on guitar... heck, I still can't play a whole song without looking.. and hardly can play a whole song looking!

Titles are shock..and needed..some more shocking than others.. heck was there not people eating heads off live chickens and snakes in our days? lol

The Kids rock...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

After reflection I realize I'm being a hypocite in a way...I enjoy "TIM-MY!" quite a bit on Southpark, a good band w/ little talent. I don't feel it's appropriate for little children, though!
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Very well written R30b.

This line goes in my sig for a while.

Charles Ives would tell you to sit down and take your dissonance like a man.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

. . . the existential horror of life sometimes demands a response from art that's not pretty. A work of art is no less valid if what it expresses is pain and awfulness and despair. . .
    Is this machine gun fire I'm hearing in Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood? Why yes . . . it is. Music to my ears.

Ro3b makes a great point about the visual / musical subjectivity of death metal. Most people are automatically geared to shut themsevles off to it. However, we should not forget that humankind has been forged through many of poignant, often times underlying themes that this style of music harbors in its genre. All things considered - the simple fact that it invoked people into taking a stance against it automatically gives its musical message both shape and form.

In its defense, I can honestly say that this video has already provided me with substantially more musical satisfaction than every single episode of American Idol combined. The aesthetic of raw, undiluted, primal reality is as beautiful as it is powerful. On the other side of the fence, the staged-for-market-impact face of corporate America, looking to dip its hands further into the super-fabulous idealogy of "you too can be a star". Would someone please hand me the vomit pail?

If one were to assess this from a cultural standpoint, how could you not draw a correlation between this band's music / performance, and the twisted, often chaotic nature of today's world? In the fact of it being both disturbing and controversial in the time during which it was created, it joins many other artists / bands that have pushed the boundaries of perception with their music: Elvis. The Beatles. Black Sabbath. KISS. Judas Priest. Marilyn Manson. Just a few that come readily to mind.

As for the impact of the Death Metal genre on guitar playing - who can argue that its lands are some of the most fertile in all of modern music? Besides rap, is there any other style of music that has branched out as successfully, or with as much pure abandon? Like it or not, that's what music is all about - - and I for one hear a lot of great things in today's hard rock / death rock music - - mostly because I decided to spend less time looking at it, and more time listening to it. Drop tunings. Alternating, noise-gated rhythms. Creative picking styles. Morphed overdrive / distortion tones. Spatial sound chemistry. Yes, its presentation is often interspersed with topics & imagery that challenge social and political boundaries, not to mention steadfast personal beliefs. But guitar-wise, there's a lot of interesting techniques and styles on display. Beauty, indeed, is in the eye of the beholder.

The pathways to glorious kindgoms often lead through dangerous lands, many of which test the will of men. Do you dare to go . . . further?

BTW - well written posts all around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast