Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Which is the best ibanez deal?

Thread: Which is the best ibanez deal?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which is the best ibanez deal?

So I have a choice between an as73 with a strap for $325, an af75 with a case for $300, or an af75 with a case and graph tech string saver saddles for $325. What is the order I should choose in?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Choose in the order of "Which style do you like better?" Those are two different bodied guitars.
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

Well not exactly. They're all ibanez artcore electric hollow body guitars with f holes. How different do you think they are? Many fields on the spec sheets for these guitars are identical. My question is which is the best deal of the three because those are the ones I have to choose from. I'm leaning towards the 75 with the replacement saddles because I hear they make string replacement easier. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

2 totally different guitars. One is single-cut hollow body, the other double-cut semi-hollow. But they're both made of wood and wire, so I guess they're the same, right?
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shanebow View Post
    So I have a choice between an as73 with a strap for $325, an af75 with a case for $300, or an af75 with a case and graph tech string saver saddles for $325. What is the order I should choose in?
    Do you have the opportunity to play any or all of them? The as73 and the af75 both go for $450 new right now. The new saddles might be nice, but I don't know if those models are known to break strings at the bridge or not. I also don't know what styles of music you tend to play. I would agree with Zip, though. There will be a pretty significant difference between the semi hollow body and a full hollow. Just as an example, the full hollow is an inch deeper than the semi hollow.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just going to get one of the 75's. They both come with a hard case and sound a bit better when played without an amp. Since they're both being offered in the $300 range I might favor the one with the after market saddles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shanebow View Post
    I'm just going to get one of the 75's. They both come with a hard case and sound a bit better when played without an amp. Since they're both being offered in the $300 range I might favor the one with the after market saddles.
    Let us know what you end up getting! The full hollow should sound a lot better acoustically. If you play it through a loud amp you'll likely have problems with feedback.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I came across as a jerk. Wasn't my intention.

With everything so expen$ive these days, it's good to know you're getting what you want with every dollar you spend. If you have the opportunity, go to a music store and play a 335-style guitar both seated and standing. Do the same with a full hollow-body. Which feels more comfortable? The guitar you fall in love with will be the one that inspires you to play more. The saddles, pickups, electronics, etc. are all easily swapped out as the need arises. Buy based on the whole guitar, not just the parts.

Dweezil Zappa

9. Likes shanebow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually had a real 335 built in the 70s, back in the 80s, for several years, but sold it for $450 to someone who would play it more than I was. But now I'm giving my granddaughter an old Yamaha classical cg-120A that I rarely play and I'm going to teach her what few chords I remember, and start playing again myself, now that I'm old enough to devote a little more time to it. So we'll see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

So? Which guitar did you decide on? Photo's, please.

Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

So I got the af75tdg black with what I think is the ibanez/Grigsby tbar. To a novice like me it sounds surprisingly good when played as an acoustic. Since I will probably be just a strummer and a little bit of a finger picker, I think I will try to find a Fender Acoustasonic 90 amp to run it through because I can run a mic through the other channel but I haven't found anyone that's tried that. It sounds so good as an acoustic, I think it might work. Also might want play around with the strings but I understand even it's supposed to be great at staying in tune, the setup for someone like me, with that floating bridge, could create real problems. So since it's not broke I may not try to fix it. Nice rig with a case for $300 though, right? Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Looks really nice. I've only heard one of those once. I didn't realize at the time that Ibanez made hollow/semi-hollow guitars. I normally think of them as a shredder-type manufacturer. I was wrong!

14. Likes shanebow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I have to get an Amp on a budget but I don't think I'm really gonna get an Amp. I think I'm going to try a PA with a guitar jack on it and plug a Behringer V-tone Guitar Amp Modeler pedal into it. We'll see how it goes.