Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
2003 Peavey Wolfgang Special EXP Korean Made

Thread: 2003 Peavey Wolfgang Special EXP Korean Made

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2003 Peavey Wolfgang Special EXP Korean Made

Alright so I have an opportunity to purchase a Peavey Wolfgang. Pictured below is the guitar. He has upgrade the nut screws to titanium screws, the saddles to titanium, the tone block to a brass block and the springs to noiseless springs. The guitar looks like it’s near mint condition. He’s offering it at $1,640. Are the Korean made Peavey’s good? Is this a good price for the guitar plus all the mods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've seen online, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Not even USA made Peavey Wolfgang's are selling for that much. The Titanium saddles go for ~$800 from fu-tone, which I think is absolutely, positively insane. The brass block is about $50. Noiseless springs aren't that expensive. The titanium screws (really silly) are about $20. The resale value on the guitar does not seem to be very high at all. Basically they put almost $1000 worth of upgrades into a guitar that is worth a fraction of that. Save your money.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    From what I've seen online, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Not even USA made Peavey Wolfgang's are selling for that much. The Titanium saddles go for ~$800 from fu-tone, which I think is absolutely, positively insane. The brass block is about $50. Noiseless springs aren't that expensive. The titanium screws (really silly) are about $20. The resale value on the guitar does not seem to be very high at all. Basically they put almost $1000 worth of upgrades into a guitar that is worth a fraction of that. Save your money.
    Interesting, I appreciate the feedback! What exactly about them makes them bad or undesirable?

I’m also thinking about getting a brand new EVH Wolfgang Special and upgrading it myself. Would be brand new and cost the same after upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RustyArmadillo3 View Post
    Interesting, I appreciate the feedback! What exactly about them makes them bad or undesirable?

I’m also thinking about getting a brand new EVH Wolfgang Special and upgrading it myself. Would be brand new and cost the same after upgrades.
    I'm not saying it's bad or undesirable. I think they're just asking far too much from what I was able to see online. From a few years back the older Korean ones seemed to be selling for around $300.

I guess that if you really want to spend $800 on titanium saddles, go right ahead. Personally, I'd rather just get a really nice second guitar for that money.

Have you had an opportunity to play it? Is that price firm or is he willing to negotiate?

Unfortunately every time Peavey comes up, I'm reminded of my MIA Peavey Fury p-bass that I foolishly sold when I got out of grad school... sigh.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn