Thread: Weigh Time!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weigh Time!

I always kind of wondered how much my guitars weigh. None of them are particularly heavy, except my bass which is a boat anchor. So after seeing Trogly use one, I got an Accuteck scale. I assumed they would go in this order: Jackson < Reverend < Fender < LTD (bass). I was close. Here's the breakdown:

Jackson DK2M 8lb 0.8oz
    Reverend Warhawk 390 7lb 4.4oz
    Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster 8lb 8.2oz
    LTD Surveyor Bass 10lb 11.2oz

I was surprised that the Reverend was over a half pound lighter. Other than that they fall into line.

Since my bass is almost 12lbs, I see what people mean when they talk about Les Pauls that are that heavy or even heavier. How do you play something like that on stage for a full concert without needing support rods around your spine?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

I played many 4-hour shows with a 12lb 7oz LP around my neck. I was young and stupid. Now that I'm older and stupid, I get close to the same tones from an under 6lb Parker Fly. My Chiropractor approves.
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not weighed my guitars, but the 1960 Les Paul Reissue seems heaviest in my collection.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

In my modest collection the 78 Thinline Telecaster is the heaviest for sure, then comes my National Duolian of course
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes View Post
    In my modest collection the 78 Thinline Telecaster is the heaviest for sure, then comes my National Duolian of course
    Wow! Even with it being a thinline it's still your heaviest? Is the rest made of depleted uranium?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    I played many 4-hour shows with a 12lb 7oz LP around my neck. I was young and stupid. Now that I'm older and stupid, I get close to the same tones from an under 6lb Parker Fly. My Chiropractor approves.
    Phew! I can't even imagine playing a guitar that weighs almost a 25% more than my bass. I never played live anywhere near that long. The times I played longer I had my Peavey Fury P-bass that was made of poplar. Nice and light, but still well-balanced.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Wow! Even with it being a thinline it's still your heaviest? Is the rest made of depleted uranium?
    If I compare my Fender Thinline to it's equivalent Nash TL-72 I'm pretty sure that there's at least 700grams difference and my ESquire or my Harmony Rocket are also like feathers compare to the Thinline
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface