Thread: Picking dynamics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Picking dynamics

Controlling dynamics of the picking is essential in interpreting guitar melodies and harmonies. Here's good etude for concentrating on that.

Cheers, Mikko

https://youtu.be/jxSTc4jum4M

L?hetetty minun SM-A035G laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get it. That guy never changed picking dynamics, just played a long song. And flubbed the last harmonic

Picking dynamic is all about where you pick (toward neck, bridge, etc), how soft/hard your attack is, how you hold the plectrum (or if you finger/hybrid pick), etc.
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    I don't get it. That guy never changed picking dynamics, just played a long song. And flubbed the last harmonic

Picking dynamic is all about where you pick (toward neck, bridge, etc), how soft/hard your attack is, how you hold the plectrum (or if you finger/hybrid pick), etc.
    I think I was doing those things here. Also when we have this kind of continous picking pattern one can practice different positions and dynamics how they affect the sound.

L?hetetty minun SM-A035G laitteesta Tapatalkilla