Thread: Hello from Ireland!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello from Ireland!

At one time I thought the tele was the most un-attractive looking guitar out there. Now Im after buying this and cannot put it down! I have a Highway1 strat too but the tele is way superior.

Here she is.....

http://elderly.com/fmic/items/FADTS-ACB-MPL.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey Ger, I saw your post about your tele on boards.ie... be sure to post an intro - nice to have another Irishman here...

sweet Tele by the way!!
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lev,
    Thanks! Ive just got back into it after a year of bored guitar playing over ten years ago. Im into a lot of stuff except heavy metal (too many of them in Ireland). i like most styles and am looking at disco\funk at the moment, would like to jam with other musicians as its the only way to keep up the motivation (hence the boredem yeard ago)

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ger, welcome.
    That Tele sure is a beauti !, nice score !

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers Ted!

Post Thanks / Like

Ger, I agree with you. I once thought Teles were butt ugly.

I don't anymore, but even so, yours is extra sweet.

Welcome!!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome ger....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    welcome ger....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated
    Warren, did you write a script which posts your patented welcome at the flick of a key, or do you cut n' paste each time?

I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome Ger the Man! I have some ancestors in Tipperary somewhere, and have a special love for your land (even though I have never been). Thanks for joining!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

cut and paste baby!

i have the code as a plain text file on my desktop that i cut and paste and then just change the name!

low tech and simple....kinda like my guitar playin'!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the kind comments folks. My plan was to get a gibson but was very dissapointed with the guitars I tried (an LP Baritone, LP Studio and Explorer). Im learning a lot of Andy Summers (The Police) stuff saw the tele, tried it and fell in love with it. My strat is sitting in the corner now!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ger, nice to have you here!

I have a Squier Tele, and it works great for me. Someday I'll get a Fender Tele I imagine.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers Robert!