Thread: Motivation for a tele

pes_laul Guest

Default Motivation for a tele

just got back from the recording studio, my dads friend has this 72' tele that played and sounded beautiful. Now I have never played a tele besides that 72 and I have been having my eye on this ibanez S series guitar. and I was wondering if the old ones played anything like the new standard 400 dollar ones. (now I am seriously GASing)
    Last edited by pes_laul; September 30th, 2007 at 11:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Check 'em out! Fender is putting out a pretty good guitar at $399.00 these days. They are Made in Mexico (MIM). Will they play as good as the one your Dad's friend had? It really depends on the guitar. Every guitar, even the ones built right next to each other on the assembly line will play a little different.

I like Teles because there isn't a whole lot to mess with. It's just guitar, two pickups, a switch and two knobs. A Tele, or a Tele style guitar will be my next one.

Leo Fender was a genius, IMHO, when he designed the Tele.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest things that affect the feel of the older Tele is the neck radius and string spacing. The radius is probably 7.25". The strings are spaced a little closer together than newer Fenders. Fret size and shape is also very important.

So many factors. You just have to go to a store and play a few and see how they do.

Cheers

Bob