Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
another yellow ledbetter

Thread: another yellow ledbetter

Post Thanks / Like

Default another yellow ledbetter

At StingX's suggestion, I took a stab at this classic. Pretty out of shape, but it was certainly fun trying it. Thanks, StingX

https://app.box.com/s/77e5q7x4cxwyuvg85cb0jfot873hu2o5
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting! I really enjoyed this. Your tone is very good and you blended in very well with the backer. Nicely played - loved the solo. We should do more of these between the remaining folks here but also add info as well such as "What DAW?" "What Interface?" you know, plugins, etc.

Very cool, man...
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I enjoyed doing this and would be happy to do more. I have no band at the moment so am looking for creative outlets.

I thought about the data, but not until I had posted. I shoulda thought sooner.

The signal chain here is: guitar -- Line 6 Helix -- Garage Band. The Helix amp (amph?) model is called Dripman, but it's intended to sound like a slightly driven Fender Bassman. I used a bit of EQ in Helix to get more of a room sound, and add some reverb and spread in Garageband. The guitar is a MIM Player Strat, pictured here.

Thanks for the idea and for listening. seafoam strat.jpgseafoam strat.jpg

Oops -- pic appears twice although embed code only once. On well ...
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful StraT! I Love matching headstocks.

I've been a fan of Scuffham Amps for years. I switched to them right after I got frustrated with Line 6. The plugin is all I use when I do serious recording and do not want the hassle of micing, etc. Give it a try. I think they give you like two weeks.

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a shot of my Strats. I regrettably sold the red one to pick up a PRS.

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Tough to let go of a good Strat. I nearly did with this one

https://app.box.com/s/0rxnfjvlpjaysb0lanjps9e5c4vtetdt

(cms wouldn't accept an even small jpeg today hence the link)

The candy tangerine colour isn't a fave of mine, but back in 03 we met and bonded and have covered many miles since then. So many I had to refret recently. Also swtiched out pickups from an older noiseless set to CS Custom 69s. Very low output but I like that.

Those plugins look good. I have capacity issues at this point as my DAW is hosted on an ancient macbook pro, can't even look at modern downloads etc due to the stoneage OS. Fortunately, Helix is a very good audio interface, running straight into the Mac and GB10. Not sophisticated but works fairly well for me and I do like the flexibility offered by Helix in terms of amps and effects.
    helliott in Hamilton