Thread: *NEW* Valve Jr. Extension Cabinet

Post Thanks / Like

Default *NEW* Valve Jr. Extension Cabinet

Browsing the Epiphone web site last nite, and came across this little beauty (*see attachment below). Seems that our good friends over at Epiphone have been paying attention to all of the hub-bub their little Jr. head has been getting. I haven't heard anything about pricing, but my guess is that it'll be in the $100 - $150 range. It also comes with the same Eminence Lady Luck speaker that's found in the Epi Blues Custom model (maybe a 15" instead of a 12").

Anyways, it's a nice looking cab, and I bet it sounds dynamite with the Jr. Head. Start saving those pennies . . .

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this today! It looks like a cool little cab for a fantastic amph.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Thats funny, I just saw this today too. I thought it was a sharp looking cab and a great match for the head.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, looks awesome. Hope it sounds as good as it looks!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epi valve junior Ext. Cab

these Cabs are in stock at www.sweetwater.com 129.99
    I have 2 of them on the way and sure hope they sound as good as they look

Post Thanks / Like

Which brings up the fact that I miss Nelskie.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Musiciansfriend has them 129.99.. its on order for me.. Even having the 2X12 here... I couldn't help it.. it looks so darn cute in the pictures..lol

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Cab?sku=481026

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    Musiciansfriend has them 129.99.. its on order for me.. Even having the 2X12 here... I couldn't help it.. it looks so darn cute in the pictures..lol

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Cab?sku=481026

Congrats on the cab, Justa! Bet you're gonna have a cool looking "half-stack" or "short-stack" when you're done.
    I also noticed they raised the price of the head to match the cab.
    Guess it'll be easier to remember how much they each cost this way.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

thanks oldguy.. you ofcourse, and a few more here inspired the move to the epi.. well worth it.. thanks! Can't wait to have the Jimmie Vaughan leaning against it!!
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; October 11th, 2008 at 02:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Epi Cab made it here! Pretty neat little setup...Lady Luck Eminence speaker 16 ohms..

together with the head it stands a whole two and a half feet..

The Eminence has a darker sound then the Helltones.. it's also alot closer to the floor..

It's pretty neat when playing something in the blues fashion... it can also get quite loud.. Mine breaks up when on full tilt.. gets to dark then.. for me. I play in the house..not an issue. plus have a MicroMass comming to adjust.

Quite pleased with the build.. excellent look! Very solid feeling.. A++.. For the price..if you don't mind a little bass.. it covers the rest.. and this is just my opinion ofcourse..

On a stand..off the floor it might get lighter on the sound... again..its not a bad sound at all.. it's just a darker sound (maybe smaller cabinet design) then the Helltones in the Avatar which I still perfer.. but this is nice!

For the $130.00.. the look is worth it..

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how it'd sound if you ran 2 of these in parallel off one Valve Jr head?
    Guitars (All Lefty): Fender MIM Wine Red Telecaster
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Greg Bennett (Samick) Avion AV3/LH/CS
    Franken-Strat (Maple Neck / Black Body & Pickguard / 2-Point Tremolo / GFS Alnico Single-coil Pups / Gold Hardware)
    2 Fullerton Standard Strats; Sunburst w/ GFS Overwound P'ups and Black w/ GFS Lil Killer Rail 'Buckers
    Fullerton Deluxe Dreadnought
    Amp: Blackheart BH1HS Killer Ant Half Stack (Bitmo Ant Eater Kit)
    Crate V18-112 (Goodsell RGM Speaker / Accutronics Tank / Switch R4 - R10 Mod)
    Pignose G40V (Jensen MOD Speaker / DC Heater Mod / Pentode:Triode Switch)
    Fender Champion 30 Reverb (Accutronics Tank / Jensen MOD Speaker)
    Speaker Cab: Lopo 1x12 Tweed Convertible w/ Eminence GB128 Speaker
    Pedals: Korg ToneWorks AX1000G, AX5G, & AmpworksG Modeling Signal Processors
    Boss DS-1 (Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus Mod); CS-3 (Opto Plus Mod); SD-1 Super (GT Mod); GE-7 (Plus Mod)
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
    Alesis NanoVerb
    ART Tube MP Studio (OPA2604 Op Amps) (On Champion 30)
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WackyT
    I wonder how it'd sound if you ran 2 of these in parallel off one Valve Jr head?
    LOUD?

Just some more info I left out..

this is a half open back cab..which has the same steel grill over the opening that the head amp has. It takes 16 screws to hold on the back.

The exact size is Width and Height = 18 inches/457mm.. Depth = 11.25 inches/285mm

I think? the jack plate and jack are steel... least they look and feel like it to the touch.

has the same handle as the amp head in the middle top and rubber feet in each corner.

And the best thing..it fit in the tight space I wanted it at:
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; October 11th, 2008 at 02:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got both of my cabs yesterday and they sound great with one head,I am sure glad I got them.get them if you can before they discontinue them like the squire p51.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET335
    I just got both of my cabs yesterday and they sound great with one head,I am sure glad I got them.get them if you can before they discontinue them like the squire p51.
    You got them both hooked up to the one head?
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Franken-Strat (Maple Neck / Black Body & Pickguard / 2-Point Tremolo / GFS Alnico Single-coil Pups / Gold Hardware)
    2 Fullerton Standard Strats; Sunburst w/ GFS Overwound P'ups and Black w/ GFS Lil Killer Rail 'Buckers
    Boss DS-1 (Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus Mod); CS-3 (Opto Plus Mod); SD-1 Super (GT Mod); GE-7 (Plus Mod)
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Alesis NanoVerb
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like

You got them both hooked up to the one head?
    Hi there WackyT,Yes. all you have to do is run one cab to the 16 ohm out and the other to the 8 ohm out.this is straight from Gibson,I wasn't sure if this would work correctly,so I called Chris lewis at Sweetwater .com and he called Gibson and thats what they told him it works fine oh yea! be sure to use good speaker cables also.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool ET335!
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Alesis NanoVerb
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET335
    Hi there WackyT,Yes. all you have to do is run one cab to the 16 ohm out and the other to the 8 ohm out.this is straight from Gibson,I wasn't sure if this would work correctly,so I called Chris lewis at Sweetwater .com and he called Gibson and thats what they told him it works fine oh yea! be sure to use good speaker cables also.
    Soooo.. I could plug my 16 ohm Epi in the 16 and my other cab of 8 ohms in the 8 ohm tap at the same time and both can play safely?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    Soooo.. I could plug my 16 ohm Epi in the 16 and my other cab of 8 ohms in the 8 ohm tap at the same time and both can play safely?
    Hi Justa,thats what they Say at Gibson,I questioned that also,and thats why I called to make sure and they said it wouldn't hurt the Head in no way.
    Just make sure your 8 ohm cab is wired Parallel and not in series.

Post Thanks / Like

this little cab is really great...that speaker has a good flat eq response and is LOUD...I had got a hold of two of these speakers and they have a almost "keyboard" amp voicing...so your guitar shines through more than normal.

Well, somthing you might do to lean out the bass is let the speaker break in...they get really sweet once broken in good.

And I had no Idea that you could run two cabs out of one VJ head...damn thats awesome...and since I have four cabs and two heads...and an A/B/Y peddle...WATCH OUT!

have you guys with VJ's thought of putting a Champ style tone pot in?...I did along with a gain mod on my "lead" style VJ head (I also have a Rhythm head with a 12AT7 in the preamp to clean it up at higher volumes) and I can get that Plexi chime out of it.

Either way...I think the Epi cabs and Valve series amps are freakin AWESOME and congrats to all of us who own them! WE ROCK
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.