Thread: I know this isn't really an amp...

Post Thanks / Like

Default I know this isn't really an amp...

but someone asked so I figured I would show off my Pocket Rocket What you can't see is the input jack for all of the iPod backing tracks. It makes a nice little practice setup to take in the gig bag.
    Blues Breaker

Post Thanks / Like

Does it have any built in effects? Sp. sim?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Bluesbreaker, I remember when those came out, I was interested in them, but never got one. Is the same company making the version two, or was the original company bought out? Here's a descrp. of the new ones.

http://www.stevesmusiccenter.com/CTE...tRockitV2.html

Edit..did a little searching, I guess they do still make the original.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CTech-Pocket-Roc...QQcmdZViewItem

Plus some other interesting goodies.

http://www.pocketrockit.com/Products.htm
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't really have any effects other than distortion, but then I got the cheaper standard version. I told my wife the V2 version is on my birthday wish list I tried it at GC and it sounds pretty sweet with some nice effect, especially for something you can throw in a gig bag or use as a recording pre-amp. As far as I know it's the same company, yeah.
    Blues Breaker

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Somkey Amp, etc ...

These seem pretty similar to Smokey Amps ...

Zinkey -> Smokey Amps

And of course we can't forget these mini-amps ...

Fender -> Mini Twin
    Marshall -> MS-2
    My Gear ...
    Roland Micro Cube, Traynor YCV20WR
    Ovation Cedar Balladeer, "Super-cute" Fender Strat, Squier M-80

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbreaker
    It doesn't really have any effects other than distortion, but then I got the cheaper standard version. I told my wife the V2 version is on my birthday wish list I tried it at GC and it sounds pretty sweet with some nice effect, especially for something you can throw in a gig bag or use as a recording pre-amp. As far as I know it's the same company, yeah.
    So Bluesbreaker do you plug that beaty in, put in some headphones & shred your way around town putting the IPOD nation to shame?

Post Thanks / Like

Ah....I've seen one of these lil' beasties at the store before. I went up to the accessories counter at good ol' Guitar Center and asked the salesdude what he thought to be the best headphone amp for a guitar and he pointed to the one in question.

Of course, this is a "for whatever it's worth" reply, because when I asked him "So what is it about that one that makes it better than all the other ones out there?" (in other words, asking him to give me info, features, etc. and sell me on it), his reply was "Because it doesn't suck like all the other ones do!"

I'm going to head out to Guitar Center next week, so if I come back and say "This thing rocks because it doesn't suck!!", you'll know I took the time to try it out.

EDIT: Hey, by the way, I just thought of something.....isn't a Pocket Rocket and a Pocket Rock-it two entirely different things?

This could get ugly.
    Last edited by Danzego; January 27th, 2007 at 12:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I never bother with little technicalities! Like the man said, "220-221, whatever it takes."

I would advise trying it out. For a little bit o' money, it was worth it to me anyway.
    Blues Breaker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danzego

EDIT: Hey, by the way, I just thought of something.....isn't a Pocket Rocket and a Pocket Rock-it two entirely different things?

This could get ugly.
    Just be careful what you plug into. But in the real rock-n-roll world they are one and the same.

I'm interested to hear your product report.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Just be careful what you plug into. But in the real rock-n-roll world they are one and the same.

I'm interested to hear your product report.
    Wait....on which one? The Rocket or the Rock-it?