Thread: 9Seattle8 - Instr. (MP3)

Post Thanks / Like

Default 9Seattle8 - Instr. (MP3)

A song I wrote after I have spent a long time in Seattle in 1998.
    The melody lines came to my mind when I was on the plane back home to Germany, but I only managed to record the song in 2004.

http://www.box.net/public/bpdn03g3l5#main

Post Thanks / Like

Nice tune and great playing.
    The rythym guitar (heavy) kind of washes everything else out. Otherwise, beautiful tune.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very nice. It has a very Seattle feel to it, at least according to this Seattle area native. I get what Spud was saying, but I think the heavy rythym helps to give the cold, gray, wet, concrete Seattle feel. Reminded me of driving through on I-5 as you approach town from the south and it enters the concrete tunnels and overpasses and such. I like it! ll
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Very good, Jimi! A plethora of sounds in there, and the interplay between them was fascinating.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

You have such a melodic sense and your harmonies and interplays on all your recordings are just beautiful and unique. A pleasure to listen to, as always. Thanks!
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Epi Dot Deluxe, Squier '51, G&L S-500
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like

Wow folks! What can I say, I really feel very honoured and you encourage me very much to go on!

Post Thanks / Like

strange...i couldn't listen to it...seems sometimes i can listen to or download files from box.net and sometimes i can't....hmmmm...

i bet it sounds good though!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Jimi75,

Very nice, it amazes me what you guys can do with all the tools at hand. Nice playing very open and skillful, truly inspiring. That piece encourages me to get out of the box and try different things. Thank you for sharing it with us.

M29

Post Thanks / Like

ok...i was able to listen to it this try....very cool

there is a lot of talent on this board....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah