Thread: BLUESEYyy BT in C

Post Thanks / Like

Default BLUESEYyy BT in C

Here is one in C, there's some static in it, but it's still a good one.
    Very nice bridge that works well with Robert's chromatic lesson, also sounds good w/ a quick Maj 7th chord or scale, where it goes to Dm-Em-D#m.
    Of course, being blues, the pentatonic sounds good over it.
    I really think anyone who digs that chromatic will like it over this,though.
    I'm not doing a take on this one right now.
    I thought of a couple of blues players on here I'd like to hear do a take, but I won't mention any names.

http://www.box.net/public/ujpz8j488x
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting that great sounding backing track. I had a go at it earlier.

Here's a link to it if you'd like to hear it:

http://www.box.net/public/0g3zefir74

I used my PodXT and Ibanez RS140. Patch used was Bassman Crunch. I played with the neck single-coil. Slight delay and compression added to taste. Mixed and mastered in Tracktion.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Nice backing OG!

Great playing Sting... bluessssy...

than I go for the same sound and come out like this..lol
    Tele with Delay and compressor into crate
    http://www.box.net/public/ylz2r4gjs6

Someday....someday....

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Very tasty playing jg_nc! I enjoyed your take on the track, just wish you played a little longer.

Love this backing track to bits. Lots of fun to play over.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Sting, Justa, good job! Both you guys did a great job!
    Hope some more fretters listen to this one, and maybe do their own take on it. It just caught my ear when I heard it, thought it was good for blues.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Edit: I reposted these with reverb. What a difference. Space - the final, um...

My reverb vanished on mixdown for some reason. If I can figure it out I'll re-post these. Otherwise, here is my plain toast version. Take 4.
    http://www.box.net/public/vndz2uyfjx

I still can't figure out why I'm loosing the reverb, but here is the first take I did. I actually like the interplay with the piano better on this one.
    http://www.box.net/public/1ie2vzpy3o
    I listened to about 8 bars of it to figure out tempo and key and then pushed record.

And here is take 3. A little spunkier.
    http://www.box.net/public/mr3h95g5cj

I scratched on take 2.
    Last edited by Spudman; January 29th, 2007 at 08:31 PM.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Spud,

I liked your first take in particular. Do you have to listen to the BT a few times through to get the feel for it, or do you just go ahead and play?
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jasongins
    Spud,

I liked your first take in particular. Do you have to listen to the BT a few times through to get the feel for it, or do you just go ahead and play?
    Thanks.

I've been finding that the less I listen to the BT before I record - the fresher sounding my first take is. I usually listen to maybe 20 seconds of the BT to get the key and feel and then I just go for it. Usually by the second chorus or verse I can play more ahead of the changes instead of just reacting to them. It makes it sound a little more like I know what I'm doing. Fake it till ya make it I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks oldguy for posting this one, I can't wait to play around with it. I probably won't post anything for a while, I will have to work on it for a while.

Nice work guys on the takes!!

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Spuds! I also liked the tone and phrasing in slowdown-01 the best.. hit right with it.. enjoyed them all... what was the setup on slowdown-01?

sweeeeet....

Post Thanks / Like

Nice playing everyone..

Spud, I thought that the first one was best too.. very nice BBesque and very SPUDdy tone (?!)
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I took a stab at it. This is kind of the way I imagined the tune sounding, with the chromatic lick of Roberts and the Maj7 tossed in somewhere. And yes, that noodling from around 3:20 to 3:50 was left on there intentionally. Oh, well

http://www.box.net/public/q1vidnqne3
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Smashing oldguy! That was first rate. You've done this type of stuff before haven't you?

Post Thanks / Like

That was just excellent. I listened thru each take, what a blueslicious smörgåsbord. In fact, I'm goin back for seconds.
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Epi Dot Deluxe, Squier '51, G&L S-500
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hogfullofblues
    what a blueslicious smörgåsbord. In fact, I'm goin back for seconds.
    That's why you are The HOG!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx
    Very tasty playing jg_nc! I enjoyed your take on the track, just wish you played a little longer.

Love this backing track to bits. Lots of fun to play over.

I know what ya mean about the BT... it just calls you to play over it... and every time I come with something different yet the same..lol

here is a longer clip...with Strat to BD-2 with no gain (clean boost?) to mild delay to Crate Powerblock with a little gain... well..its they way I liked it..lol

http://www.box.net/public/zqgyl1t09i

Post Thanks / Like

Real nice, Justaguy... good and bluesy.
    Much better on the second time around. I think you've improved big in the past few months... looking forward to hearing some more.
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals