Thread: Thinking about buying a '51? Here's a $89.99 deal!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thinking about buying a '51? Here's a $89.99 deal!

Here is a great deal on a Squier '51. http://www.geartree.com/p-780-squier...ic-guitar.aspx

If they only had such deals in Canada!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

It lists color availability as black with "rosewood fretboard." Think that is a mistake, or is this an unusual variation?
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Good question, I never seen such a '51. Must be a mistake in the description.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Great. This makes my task of selling my '51 a lot harder!

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

MF has more of the sunburst and black models for $99 right now. They had some more blondes too, but they all seem to be gone.

As an aside, my blonde '51 is really growing on me. Now that I've messed with Blackface settings on my AD30VT for a while, I've come up with a very nice blues tone in conjunction with my Behringer overdrive. I tried just upping the mids and gain on the amp so I wouldn't have to use the pedal. I found that I really need the pedal to get "that" tone. I use mainly the neck and middle positions (with the bridge humbucker split).

I wish that the humbucker had more mid-range punch. It's very bright. However, it does work nicely with the Boutique CL model for surf stuff. For other forms of rock, especially metal, I go running back to my Fender.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn